Original TOMY Sylvanian Families

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Original TOMY Sylvanian Families

I am a huge Sylvanian Families fan...I started collecting in 1987, and then my collecting dwindled after I moved to Canada, when I could only buy them on m trips back to the UK, but last September I started collecting again. I know that Sylvanians are still being made, but it's the Original TOMY UK versions that I like.

Did anyone else have any of these wonderfully cute little critters?

Yes I used to swear I would collect them all when I was small, but I think the best thing I got was the caravan complete with bear family.

Comment

YES!!!
      I still have them, I made my mum save them all nd they are in her loft
      I must get her to dig them out for me as i am sure i had lads of them

Comment

Some advice on my Sylvanian Families.

Hi all,

I have

Otter Family
        Striped Cat Family
        Fox Family
        White Rabbit Family
        Grand Mansion Boxed
        Lakeside Lodge
        Cottage Hospital Boxed
        St. Francis School House and School Toilets
        Patio and Barbecue set
        Grandfather Clock Boxed
        Round Table and Chairs Boxed
        Fridge and Accessories Boxed
        Country Kitchen
        Colour Tv Set Boxed
        Wash Day Set Boxed
        Victorian Living Room Set Boxed
        Classic Bedroom Set Boxed
        Bathroom Set Boxed
        Village Shoe Shop

James

Comment

Re: Original TOMY Sylvanian Families

hello
          i don't know if you still have the grand mansion for the sylvanian families but i am really interrested by this item
          i live in france and here there are not a lot of toys like that
          i wish you a happy neww year
          eva

Comment

Hi All,

I know I'm replying pretty late to this thread.. but I LOVE SYLVANIANS too!

I know they were hugely popular in the 80's... wonder why it's not as popular now ('cos the dolls are cuter than ever). I suspect it's probably due to games and consoles overtaking the toy market. Which is a shame.. I think Sylvanian dolls helps kid's imagination whereas gaming just makes them lazy.

Anyway, le goff eva I don't know what the grand mansion is but I think what you're referring to is the 'Grand Hotel'. You can buy it from the UK at www.sylvanianfamilies.com or try www.happyhappysue.co.uk for cheaper prices. In the US, www.tamaboutique.com has some mixes of both calico critter and sylvanian stuff. In Australia, I've bought from www.mysylvanians.com

Hope that helps!

Comment

My sister had a collection of these, but not as much as one of my cousins, who used to just keep them on display & never play with them.
              The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

I still have the original large Sylvanian Family Rabbit that talks. It is the one in the little farmer suit where you take the backside out and put two batteries in. It still works perfectly, the ears still wiggle and his mouth still moves when turned on. He is in great condition for his age and I have been searching for someone who would know his value because I know he is one of the rarest to come by in this collection and I am debating on selling.

Comment

In America they were known as 'Callico Critters', think they still are...Flair Toys in the UK now have the licence to manufacture them for the UK and I think the EU. Even as a male, adult 32 year old I do love looking at them in toyshops, the boxes feature really nice photos and dioramas. I think they are very sweet. I imagine Sylvania is a happy place, everyone gets along....lol.

If I were a parent I'd definitely be buying up loads for my children...boys or girls. I also like to think it'd be bad having one lone Sylvanian as they are sociable creatures who need company so you really need two or a family! From a design aspect I admire the detailing in the accessories, I've seen a toyshop set which has miniaturised items with boxes of the toy range for kids for the Sylvanians children....
                  Great toyline....long may it continue...

Comment

I loved Sylvanian Famlies as a child, would stand in the toy shop for ages looking at them all. I only ever got a couple of figures as I remember them being quite pricey when they were first out. My daughter is 6 and loves these toys, she slowly building up a nice wee collection as they aren't the cheapest of toys and the range is so vast. I disagree with a previous poster who thinks this range isn't as popular as it once was, I have read on lots of forums about it's popularity recently, and it is usually amongst the top toys at christmas.

sf1378 - my daughter has the toy shop, which she loves, but have to admit I was slightly disappointed with as majority of toys in the shop are all dolls houses with tiny pieces of furniture. Ok for little fingers but not so easy for myself (not that I play with them :-) - It's still a nice piece though. I actually bought some of the figures before I had any children as I liked them that much, now my daughter plays with them and sure my son will too when he's old enough.

Comment

Sylvanian families in the 80's/90's

Wondering what Sylvanian family things people owned as a kid? I had a frog, rabbit and panda family. Also had the windmill which was cool, plus an icecream cart and cart that the animals went for a ride on. The furniture was nice, if expensive! My friend had the gypsy caravan, and another had the house, and manor house (2 floors with a balcony). I remember going to my local toy shop and looking at the mansion house, which was the ultimate thing to have. It had about 5 floors, and I think back then cost about £100, which seemed like such a lot! I knew I'd never have it, but it was nice to dream! I also had a video with about 4 stories on. : )

Comment

sylvanian families where just beautiful.

i had quite a few like the frog for example.
                        never knew there was as much stuff you could collect though.
                        check this link out.
                        http://youtu.be/P0DV49P7HS4
                        Last edited by darren; 27-02-2012, 15:06.
                        FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

The best family I've seen is a very exclusive Japan only Charcoal Cat Family, the Dad's jet black, his Wifes White with black ears and they have 3 kittens - one of the Son's is the spit of his Dad and the other two are white with a black ear each - one on its left ear, the other on its right - I find them the funniest family of all...very expensive too given its exclusivity to Japan - last time I saw it online it was priced at £69!

Comment

If anyone is interested I have a few items up for sale on eBay, rare and vintage sylvanian collections! Including the Original GRAND MANSION http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/ferguslloy...&_trksid=p3686

Comment

Sylvanian families is one of those toys that seems timeless.Just brought a family of persians and a bicycle set for my nieces christmas presant.Seems to be sold by the piece these days as the boxes seem proud to announce 10 pieces or 20 pieces etc.They are still rather cute after all these years and that's comming from a fella.
                              My cousin had something simular to sylvannian familys back in the late 70's and wondered if anybody knew what they were.She had a black cat family that were about the same size and wore clothes just the same.

Comment

Working...
                              X