Sorry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry

Anyone remember the game called "Sorry"? I had it brought when I was a nipper.

www.fansofbritishtv.com

The name rings a bell but I cant remember a damm thing about it.

Comment

It rings a bell. Wasn't it that board game that was a bit like Ludo and where you had to watch out not to get a Sorry card that sent you back to the beginning?

Comment

Originally posted by JiveBunny
        It rings a bell. Wasn't it that board game that was a bit like Ludo and where you had to watch out not to get a Sorry card that sent you back to the beginning?
        Like Elmo, I can't remember that much about it. Oh, it was boring if I remember correctly. But back then, presents were in short supply.

Comment

All I remember about it is playing it with one of the "big kids" from the year above me at school. Couldn't tell you much about the game but the memory of finding acceptance with a "big kid" sticks in my memory!
          Do You Remember the 70s, 80s and 90s?
          http://www.DoYouRemember.co.uk

Comment

I'm never going to play it again, that's for sure!

Comment

I remember it..it WAS like Ludo..and a bit like Frustration..yes you did have cards saying 'sorry' which sent you back to the beginning. It was quite a good game..came out when I was bout 8-10..way back in Dark ages!

Comment

no, it didn't have cards....you could land on the "dots" on the board and you could sllliiide about 3 or 4 spaces...there were little pegs in yellow, blue, red and green.
                I'd rather hear the bad truth than a good lie

Comment

Originally posted by Rains
                  Anyone remember the game called "Sorry"? I had it brought when I was a nipper.

www.fansofbritishtv.com
                  LOL I remeber that game it was awsome.

Comment

Re: Sorry

i cannot believe there was an actual game called sorry.
                    we know the comedy show of the same name with ronnie corbett.
                    i wonder did one of them get its name from the other.
                    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
                      i cannot believe there was an actual game called sorry.
                      The original game of Sorry! dates from 1934, and it has definite Ludo affinities.
                      http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeksea...&q=sorry&B1=Go

New versions were published in 2007 (Simpsons and Spiderman 3) so it's got a lot of life it, and it was definitely a played game during the 70's 80' and 90's.
                      "It's never too late to have a happy childhood."

Comment

My cousin had this in the 1980s, it was quite fun to play a game with some random instructions on cards than just rolling some dice.
                        The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

I also remember Sorry!
                          It had a bizarre board like Ludo on speed with fast tracks and there were many ways of sending your opponent back to the start.
                          It has recently be released on the Nintendo wii as part of a game compendium, although I can't remember the compendium's title.

Comment

Like many others in the thread I know I played this but can't remember anything about it at all.
                            1976 Vintage

Comment

I loved it, its a bit like ludo where you have to get the coloured pieces to the same coloured 'home', but on the way round the board you read cards such as swap places, if you land on the same square as another player you knock them off the board and send them back to the start, as you knock them off you shout 'sorry'. Another twist was there was slide squares and if another player was at the bottom you knocked them from the board as you slid down.
                              Heather

Comment

Working...
                              X