Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A book about a boy in a flying race with mad, wacky planes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A book about a boy in a flying race with mad, wacky planes?

Hello,

A favourite book I had when aged 6 or so, in the mid-70s, was a book with a boy that somehow ends up making a fantastic plane out of mad parts, and takes part in a flying race. All the planes are wacky, with bat-wings, buckets for cabins, TV aerials, flags, and so on. A lot of the pictures were these planes, shown side on, jostling for position. I imagine the book pinched a little inspiration from Wacky Races....but used planes.

The boy was depicted (in my memory anyway) a bit like the almost-suffering boy in the Charlie the Cat warning adverts. But that was perhaps a very 70s style.

It was a square, thinnish book (maybe about 20cm square) with huge pictures and a few sentences of text on each page, telling the story. I seem to remember the cover had red to it. Perhaps a red background to the pictures, or a thick red border around a picture and title.

Is there any chance I'd ever find the title of this book again? Perhaps not, if it had no lasting fame. Would love to though. Have typed all sorts into google and ebay, but either there's none on there, or I'm not typing the perfect word in.
Working...
X