big country

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• big country

anyone else into big country in the 80s ?

Re: big country

yes, as a keen fan of the Skids, i followed Stuart Adamson when he formed Big Country. It was a unique high energy sound with the bagpipe sounding guitar playing. I think they were only ever likely to have a short popular existence but were good while they lasted. Stuart Adamson of course later suffered from depression and addiction problems and took his own life.

Comment

ive seen big country live 6 times ,3 with stuart 3 without also seen the skids twice ,once in dunfermline about 3 years ago and this march at the abc in glasgow. im from dumbarton- you ?

Comment

i am from liverpool and saw BC live at the Liverpool Empire many moons ago, and saw the skids a couple of times in Lpool too. The Skids of course have made a popular comeback

Comment

Saw them a few times..
          London Lyceum -1982
          Hammersmith Palais - The Crossing Tour 1983
          The Seer Tour-1986
          Bowie/Glass Spider Tour -1987

great live band

Comment

Hi ,

I too have seen B C Live. They were great. Have CD in Car always. Never grow tired.

Comment

I saw both The Skids and Big Country during the 80's. Live bands still played at Birmingham Odeon back then. Stuart Adamson was a sad loss. The Absolute Game was an excellent album. I didn't know the Skids were back together - I'd be worried about seeing them in case they weren't as great as I remember.
              "She moves in such an exciting world!"

Comment

Big country have reformed with Mike Peters(the Alarm) taking over from the sadly departed Stuart Adamson,they are touring in December/January
                http://www.bigcountry.co.uk/home.php

Comment

Oh dear.
                  "She moves in such an exciting world!"

Comment

Restless Natives is a must see film for BC fans! My old house is in it, and the kid's clothing brings back many memories indeed.

Comment

I remember renting Restless Natives from the video store but I can't remember anything about the film itself. Another one to add to my LoveFilm list.

I remember Big Country well, the electric guitar that sounded like bagpipes. I remember that The Crossing was released in different colour sleeves as a gimmick. I also remember that really evocative track Chance that has such sad lyrics.

Comment

Working...
                      X