Chain belts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chain belts

Hey all you girls out there, do any of you remember chain belts. They were simply a length of fancy chain with a hook on it. that you worn around your waist to shape your otherwise shapless shift dress. Over the time they were fashionable they went from just chain to very fancy chain with beads and a variety of different styled chains incorporated in one belt. they were also in gold and silver metal. Some had metal tassells on the end. The Longer the tail (or dangly bit of your chain from the hook) the better it was. Ideally it needed to be to the hem of your dress.

Re: Chain belts

Somebody really needs to tell Deidrie Barlow that chain belts and middleaged spread do not go.

Comment

Ha Ha! that was so funny. I started a thread about chain belts and then I watched Corrie and Hey Presto! There was Deirdre Barlow wearing one! I've gotta agree, she doesn't really have the figure and she's definitely in a time warp. I know I'm saying it myself but I certainly didn't look like that when I wore mine several decades ago!

Originally posted by ClaudineJones View Post
      Somebody really needs to tell Deidrie Barlow that chain belts and middleaged spread do not go.

Comment

My favourite chain belt was gold metal and tortoiseshell plastic rings which I had in 1972.
        sigpic
        'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Comment

Sounds very trendy! I only had ones that were all metal. I had a gold coloured one that was just rings (the world and his wife had one like it) and my favourite one was a silver coloured one made of diamond cut disks that glittered like stones and they were joined by 3 parallel short lengths of small curbed chains, then on the dangly end it had a metal tassel - like the silk ones you used to get on the end of a dressing gown rope/cord around the same era - don't see them these days either! One thing I do remember is that they used to leave black marks on pale coloured clothes.

Comment

When I had a jumble sale when I was little the old woman across the road gave me a couple of her chain belts to sell. I liked them so I kept them. One was gold with grey plastic (made to look like bits of marble) squares in between.
            1976 Vintage

Comment

"when I was little the old woman" Cheers! That makes me feel ancient LOL! At least you said you liked them and kept them. Don't have a clue what happened to mine but I really wish I did

Comment

Sorry lol. She was probably in her 60's at the time and was quite groovy for her age. Back then that was old to me. Infact anybody over about 20 was old!
                1976 Vintage

Comment

Working...
                X