pint pots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pint pots

Does anybody go into a pub that still uses those old fasioned bumpy pint pots with the handles on each side or still have them at home?
    WELCOME TO HELL!!!

Re: pint pots

My Dad has a a couple of pint pots, which only come out if we have a big party.

A pub my sister work had just one for years until someone accidently broke it. Some landlords didn't like them as they were hard to stack up when clearing tables.

I remember reading that the company that had them went bust a few years ago, but recently I saw some on sale so someone must have aquired the equipment to make them.
    The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Yes, these glasses known as "Dimples" are still available, and goverment stamped too, so can still be used legally to serve beer etc. Pint size comes in boxes of 24, £59.04 per box, plus VAT! Half pints also available!

Comment

I still have one that I use occasionally.

Comment

I thought I knew the ones until you mentioned a handle on either side
          Heather

Comment

This thread is just crying out for a picture!

(not sure about the handle on each/either side reference...)

Comment

Thats exactly the style I was thinking of, maybe the second handle appears after you've emptied ten or so??
              Heather

Comment

My Mum bought a couple a bit like these in the 1970s from Tesco's 'Delamere' brand label....20p for the pinters and still have the price labels on the bottom of em! I use them now and the price stickers are tough, even though they're just paper ones, they just won't shift but I'm glad for it!

Comment

a friend gave my son a 1/2 pint version a couple of years ago - he thought it was great!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X