Peas adverts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peas adverts

I remember an advert for Birds Eye Peas in the early 70s with Patsy Kensit as a little girl.
    Her last line was - 'Next week we're going to make paper animals'
    The jingle was - 'Birds Eye Peas, sweet as the moment when the pod went pop'.

I also remember an advert for Farrows Peas.
    The slogan was - 'The best peas went to Farrows'.
    sigpic
    'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Re: Peas adverts

And we all stuck our fingers in our mouths to make the POP noise

Comment

I remember seeing that patsy kensit advert aswell.There were a few programmes during the 90's,where patsy would be interviewed,and they would show that advert.
      I also recall an advert for peas,where a cartoon pea called cannonball would roll about,and there would be a song that everybody thought was great.Here is a link that has a few worded descriptions of tv adverts,and their contents/theme tunes.

http://www.headington.org.uk/adverts/food.htm

Comment

Yeah, I remember that advert.
        WELCOME TO HELL!!!

Comment

Which peas were they advertising with that cannonball pea? That's bugging me now!
          sigpic

Comment

How about that one where the narrator said "Hey Pea....remember the good old days..." reducing the pea to tears and turning it mushy - made me cry too!!

Comment

The Batchelors Crying Pea is the first ad in this bunch

Comment

Originally posted by kazboot View Post
                Which peas were they advertising with that cannonball pea? That's bugging me now!
                I cannot remember which company made the peas,i have tried to google it but found nothing.I am sure the song was a famous song from america,maybe with the words changed slightly.Maybe a fast soul/r & b song with a male singer.

Comment

I have just given it a thought,and i do recall the cartoon character: Cannonball,was much larger than the other smaller peas in the advert,and the song was about Cannonball being unable to enter the smaller peas bag,because he was too big.That made me remember Birds Eye Petite Pois Peas.I can't find any info on the net yet though.

Comment

I think i may have found the Birds Eye Petite Pois Peas song featuring the cartoon characther Cannonball.

I do recall Cannonball bouncing off the bag of peas and crying and moaning that he could not get in.I am also sure i recall him,or the little peas,screaming: '' I / We Hear you knocking,but you can't come in ''.
                    Anybody know if i am correct with this? It was much faster and rockier than most versions i have heard,and would explain why so many people loved the adverts song.

Comment

I remember the singing pea ad. The big pea sang 'I keep a knockin' but I can't get in'...then the little peas in the bag sing 'you're much too big you should be tender and trim'... I know it was Bird's Eye peas, think it was the petite pois range ("now we're even smaller, even sweeter!")

Comment

Ah yes I think you are right with Birds Eye Petit Pois and the song.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by moonvisage View Post
                          I think i may have found the Birds Eye Petite Pois Peas song featuring the cartoon characther Cannonball.

I do recall Cannonball bouncing off the bag of peas and crying and moaning that he could not get in.I am also sure i recall him,or the little peas,screaming: '' I / We Hear you knocking,but you can't come in ''.
                          Anybody know if i am correct with this? It was much faster and rockier than most versions i have heard,and would explain why so many people loved the adverts song.
                          I also remember that one. I think the pea tried various way to get into the bag with the other peas IIRC. Dunno if Shaky did the music, but it sounded similar.

Comment

I used to like the birds eye beefburger ads where Mary fancied Ben. Seem to remember Ben was quite old headed and had a strong Yorkshire accent.
                            "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER"

Comment

Working...
                            X