school milk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• school milk

Any one remember being a Milk Monitor at school and handing out dinky little bottles of milk only slightly cooler than tea?
    The eyes have it!
    sigpic

Re: School Milk

Hated that school milk..best thing Thatcher ever did getting rid of it

Comment

Re: school milk

Glad I'm not the only one, i remember being forced to drink it,
      i hated the warm taste(room temp)

to this day if I need to be sick milk does the trick!! Strangely I can take it on cereal
      Heather

Comment

Don't mine it ice cold or hot, but room temp is foul

Comment

The bottled milk we were given at school was pasturised - and I hated it too, especially at the end of the bottle, if your straw 'slurped' the last bit the taste was vile !! I never drank pasturised at home, and even now I have long life milk. I can take pasturised -skimmed- in tea at work, but the skimmed bit says it all
          Joybee - DYR SUPERGRAN !!
          <<< why not visit our main website

Comment

Don't mine it ice cold or hot, but room temp is foul
            "Ah, nostalgia ain't what it used to be..."

Comment

School Milk.

Me again. Sorry about keep posting stuff but I am on a roll with the nostalgia. I hated that school milk with a passion. It was the most foul and disgusting liquid. Every new class at Primary school I had to get Mum to write me a note to say I was excused the stuff. In the afternoon if there were a few warm bottles of the stuff the teacher asked who wanted it and there was this one girl who loved the stuff and she always put her hand up and sat there drinking it greedily through one of those red straws.....At 42 years old the though of it still makes me heave!!

Comment

Re: School Milk.

I liked school milk,unless it was winter.We had wee plastic triangles which froze easily,so,they would defrost it on the radiators!

tulip

Comment

School milk was still about when I was at Infants school, in plastic cartons rather than bottles. Two things I remember about it - having to sit with our chairs facing away from the table so nobody would spill milk on it, and wondering how I'd manage to drink it all (I hated milk!)

Comment

I must be really odd cos I didn't mind school milk, (admittedly I never put my hand up for a 'chilled' spare in the afternoon) Our milk was in glass bottles and we had white waxed straws to drink it with.
                    'Vid' the milk man used to bring it straight in the kitchen from his truck (a Morris pick-up truck) and the cooks always put it in the kitchen fridge and kept it cold in the summer. I loved my primary school in the 60s may be it's because our school did 'proper school dinners' not like my kids suffered, it was a small village school and it was like a big family, the two cooks were fab. I'm sure they didn't stick to the regular school food menus! Their food was like you'd have at home, yorkshire puddings, proper meat stock gravy fresh veg (supplied by local farmers) etc.

Comment

I left prep school in 1982 and we were still getting school milk then - mind you I think our parents paid fir it rather than the state. We also got a biscuit (only one each mind unless you wanted to spend break outside the Headmasters office) and the highlight was the rare occasions we got chocolate digestives!

Comment

Heather

Comment

I just want to say 'aah' at this pic of the school milk bottles. They were so diddy.
                          sigpic
                          'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Comment

Lot's of memories seeing the milk bottles here!..
                            At one time I was the milk monitor and I felt so proud too!..
                            I wasn't really into the liking of warm milk but we were allowed to take little sachets of milkshake to add to it and that did make the milk taste that bit better!.

Comment

Once a teacher kept us in silence for what seemed like ever because somebody sneakily took two bottles of milk, so the last child to turn up at the desk to collect hers found there wasn't any left and started crying. I think we had a lecture on stealing, but the girl who didn't get her milk just got the p*ss taken out of her for weeks about it. I think we were about six.

Comment

Working...
                              X