Yellow Dog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yellow Dog

One of the more memorable performances I saw on Top Of The Pops in the late 70's was Yellow Dog, a band that was led by Kenny Young and Herb Armstrong who were both members of the group Fox a few years earlier.

They had only one chart hit with "Just One More Night" where Kenny was dressed up as a WWII fighter pilot and the band were dancing like The Shadows, but they put out three albums on Virgin Records which have yet to be released on CD to my knowledge.

Kenny was a well respected songwriter having written "Under The Boardwalk" in the early 60's, as well as "Come Back & Shake Me" for Clodagh Rogers and the material for Fox. After Yellow Dog he disappeared for the next 10 years and then returned with the environmentalist concept band Gentlemen Without Weapons who are still around as the directors for Earth Love Fund, an organisation that offers financial support to bands who are concerned with ecological affairs.

Re: Yellow Dog

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1pVZ...eature=related
    Must admit that scarf was more memorable than the song for me

Comment

I won Yellow Dog's single "Just One More Night" in a competition on Magpie (ATV). I still have it somewhere. The B side was a cover version of the song "Officer Krupke" from the musical "West Side Story". Very odd.
      "She moves in such an exciting world!"

Comment

One More Night is a lost classic! I loved that single back in the 70s, still creases me at the end when the chorus carries on through a telephone

Comment

Working...
        X