Anyone remember Scream comic ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone remember Scream comic ?

Scream was a horror comic for kids released in the mid 80's.

It always came with great free gifts (I believe the first issue came with free glow in the dark plastic vampire teeth !)

The editor was Ghastly Mcnasty a cowled figure who never revealed his face because it was supposed to be so horrific !, in fact there was a readers competition to draw a picture of what you thought Mcnastys face might look like. The winner would receive a £10 prize !

My favourite strip in scream was the thirteenth floor, a computer that ran a tower block would intervene if one of his residents was being picked on by taking the offending person the thirteenth floor ! (the twist being the building didn't have a thirteeth floor !)

Once there the offender (usually a mugger, bully, nasty boss etc) would be tormented with their greatest fears and never be seen again !

It only ran for about 20 issues and parents didn't like it because it was thought to be too gruesome !

If you liked Scream! then check this out :
    http://www.backfromthedepths.co.uk/home.htm

Comment

There'll always be a market for horror but only so many stories/scenarios it can come up with. A few reprints of Scream now, 20 years on would go down well.
      Into the 5th Millennium & beyond...!

Comment

Unfortunately, the current copyright holders, Egmont UK Ltd, don't seem to have any reprints planned and are apparently unwilling to sell the rights to either "Scream!" or indeed "Misty", a girls' horror comic from the 1970s. They are also against any plans for new stories featuring characters from any of the two comics.

There's apparently a petition planned for the Misty site and the community at the Back From The Depths site is going ahead with producing a horror comic homage without any of the original characters, but that's still in the very early stages.

The Misty site can be found here :

http://www.mistycomic.co.uk/
        Last edited by M.I.K.; 19-04-2006, 21:00.

Comment

I used to read Scream. i remember a free rubber spider that came with issue 2 (I think). Thirteenth floor was great.

Comment

You might find this interesting :
            http://www.myspace.com/13thfloormax

Comment

Scream was a fantastic comic! I really enjoyed it and was dismayed when it just suddenly... stopped. Does anyone know why this happened? I'm pretty sure a number it's on-going storylines weren't ever wrapped up - the comic just suddenly stopped being made mid way through.

Comment

I think the cancellation of Scream, (after the 15th issue), had something to do with a strike that was taking place at the time. The Thirteenth Floor and Monster were really the only stories that had plot threads left dangling, and both of those stories were picked up by Eagle comic and continued for a while afterwards. Even after The Thirteenth Floor finally finished, the main character of Max the computer stayed on as "editor" until, (I think), 1991.

Comment

Wasn't SCREAM kinda like the horror version of 2000AD?

Comment

Scream Comic

Not only do I remember it, but I still have all of my old copies!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Smee_1972
                      Not only do I remember it, but I still have all of my old copies!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                      Lucky you, those were the day of kool comics, Battle and Warlord etc.

Comment

Re: Anyone remember Scream comic ?

I loved Scream, but all I have left of it is a holiday special lying around somewhere.

Would love to see the Dracula story again, with the Russian soldier on his trail. Can't forget the climax of one episode with Dracula trapped on a crossroads as the sun comes up - only for the light to turn out to be an approaching motorcycle that swerves to avoid Dracula, spraying snow over the road and ruining the cross.

Comment

I've recently pulled my massive comic collection from the loft to sort through it, I started reading a Scream Holiday special last night, I think it's the only Scream comic that I've got but it's great. There is another horror comic which is similar but doesn't have the front and back covers, I think it's either another Scream or it might be Spinechillers.
                          My Youtube retro & new video game reviews, glitches, and more,

Comment

The entire run is downloadable at the CosmoBells blog

Comment

Originally posted by NostalgiaFreak View Post
                              I've recently pulled my massive comic collection from the loft to sort through it, I started reading a Scream Holiday special last night, I think it's the only Scream comic that I've got but it's great. There is another horror comic which is similar but doesn't have the front and back covers, I think it's either another Scream or it might be Spinechillers.

one of these, NF?
                              scream_comic_specials

sigpic

Splitters!

Visit us here:

Comment

Working...
                              X