Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pet Food Ads

Does anyone remember these :-

The Minced Morsels ad with Clement Freud and Henry the bloodhound, both great characters.

The Kattomeat ad with Arthur the white cat eating out of the tin with his paw.
    The food was renamed Arthur's after him.
    sigpic
    'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Re: Pet Food Ads

Kattomeat/Arthur's, yes.
    I'm way too young to remember the other.
    What about Whiskas when it's tagline was '8 out of 10 owners (who expressed a preference) said their cats preferred it'?

Comment

The current whiskas one about lucy the cat bringing the neighbour's cat's round's partially true. The moggy (called Charlie) from next door to me doesn't get invited round or into the house, he comes round himself and even helps himself to my mog's food out of HER bowl and sometimes I onlty have to open the back door and he comes charging in, straight towards my little moggy's food.
      WELCOME TO HELL!!!

Comment

Originally posted by kazboot View Post
        ...The Kattomeat ad with Arthur the white cat eating out of the tin with his paw.
        The food was renamed Arthur's after him.
        I remember this one. It must be from the very early '80s.

Comment

Thinking about pet food that has been renamed or is no longer available : -

Kattomeat was renamed Arthurs
          Minced Morsels were renamed Chunky
          Mr Dog was renamed Cesar
          Kennomeat was discontinued
          Cupboard Love has gone I think

Can anyone think of any more?
          sigpic

Comment

Lassie?

Comment

Top Cat. A certain cartoon show had to be renamed because of the product.
              Note that Pedigree Chum is now known as Pedigree.

Comment

Back in the 70's when Minced Morsels first came out our elderly neighbour told us she'd bought some and her husband had told her it was rubbish. We queried this because they hadn't got a dog, turned out she'd given it to her husband with onions and gravy for his dinner. The ad's were pretty straightforward and she didn't strike us as a stupid person, but she did dislike her husband

I do remember Clement Freud and Henry advertising Chunky but it wasn't the same as Minced Morsels. Chunky was tinned chunks in gravy, Minced Morsels was semi-dry mince in a packet. The neighbour was right about it being rubbish, it came in packs of 2 so the lady gave us the second pack and our dogs didn't like it either

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmiwNxuRJbA

Comment

Nope, you were right Kaz. Looking for a pic of "New" 70's Minced Morsels and can only find reference to "Minced Morsels (later Chunky Meat)" 60's/70's. Anyone else remember the dry stuff in packets post 1973?

Comment

No you're right CJ. I had a look on the net because I remembered the same as you when I thought about it.
                    So it appears Freud and Henry advertised MM and Chunky, but they were different foods as you described.
                    sigpic

Comment

I do remember Top Cat and Lassie too, I think they both disappeared some time ago.
                      sigpic

Comment

Do you remember Mr McGrath dog food? The ad had a fox terrier IIRC with a false jaw who "talked".

Comment

"Top breeders recommend it because it's solid nourishment!"

I'm sure we were served Pedigree Chum one dinnertime at junior school. Whatever it was, it looked like the stuff from the TV ads.
                          "We're the Sweeney son, and we haven't had any dinner!"

Comment

Originally posted by ClaudineJones View Post
                            Do you remember Mr McGrath dog food? The ad had a fox terrier IIRC with a false jaw who "talked".
                            Master McGrath dog food is now called just McGrath apparently CJ.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ClaudineJones View Post

Yeah i remember that ad, wouldn't itbe great to see it again

Comment

Working...
                              X