This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1980s children audio cassettes Well Loved Tales

Does anyone remember the kids audio cassettes : Pickwick International 'Tell-a-Tale', that were produced in the 1980s?
    I have been looking for ages for the ‘well loved tales’ series of cassettes. These were produced as a companion to the ladybird books between 1979-1993 and are not either the ladybird ‘favourite tales’ produced from 1994 onwards or given away on CD with the daily Mirror. Does anyone know if this stuff is archived on mp3 anywhere? Ladybird and Pickwick (at least the versions of the company that produced these tapes) no longer exist and there are no audio archives.

2 other queries regarding audio tapes :
    Am looking for a 1982 Enid Blyton Tape, a double cassette called Happy Adventure Tales.

Am trying to track a Postman Pat cassette from the mid-1980s but doo not know the title, it centres on Postman Pat going on holiday.

Any information on the above would be greatly appreciated!

Jay
    Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as Gods. Cats have never forgotten this.

Re: 1980s children audio cassettes Well Loved Tales

Back in the early 80's I bought from W.H.Smiths the Ladybird horror classics books and these came with a tape each which were a dramatisation of the Ladybird story. These were actually very good too.

Comment

I had forgotten about those. Do you still have them?
      Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as Gods. Cats have never forgotten this.

Comment

Originally posted by Retro Ghoul View Post
        Back in the early 80's I bought from W.H.Smiths the Ladybird horror classics books and these came with a tape each which were a dramatisation of the Ladybird story. These were actually very good too.
        Wow! I loved the Ladybird Horror Classics, I was about 5 when I got into them and they began my obsessive love of Gothic Horror which remains to this day... I never got to hear the tapes, but I bet they were amazing. The tapes that came with most other Ladybird books were awesome, very atmospheric and well read/acted, so I bet the Horror classics were done great justice. Would love to find them and hear them now!

Comment

I am on a quest to find all of the ladybird audio. If I find the horrors, you will be welcome to a copy!

Comment

My sister had 1 or 2 of those.
            The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

sure Rich! your 'sister' had them!

Comment

Originally posted by jaygon View Post
                sure Rich! your 'sister' had them!
                Yes that's true, though me & my brother had some of the Rainbow talking books.

Comment

Rainbow!!!!!! As in Geoffrey, Bungle, Zippy and George?

Comment

Ghost Stories here..

http://scarstuff.blogspot.com/2006/0...ries-with.html

MegaUpload link halfway down the comments

Comment

Wow, thanks for this!

Comment

Rainbow!!!!!! As in Geoffrey, Bungle, Zippy and George?
                        No they were a company who made many talking books in the 1980s, mostly film-TV tie ins. Most of mine went to a friend of the family when I got too old for them but I have at least 1 tape around still.

Comment

Yes I do still have them, I made covers for them and put them in tape cases, I just photocopied part of the book covers and wrote on other parts of the cover.
                          I had forgotten about those. Do you still have them?

Comment

Which of the horror tapes do you have Retro? Do they have Pickwick Tell-a-Tale on them and is the year indicated? Any chance you would do a rip and share with us? :-)

Comment

Well I am still no closer to finding any of the Tell-a-Tale Well Loved Tales Cassettes. It seems that unlike books, comics,Vhs etc. this stuff has not survived.
                              Many thanks to the posters who have helped out or sent me copies of the stuff they have. I will keep searching and hopefully track it all and make an archive!

Comment

Working...
                              X