Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What old programmes would you like released on dvd?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What old programmes would you like released on dvd?

I would like you all to make a list of what old television programmes you would like to see released on dvd. It can be anything - children's programmes, comedy series's, drama series's, documentaries etc.

See below what I would like releasing on dvd -

Childrens Programmes

Grange Hill
    Byker Grove
    T-Bag
    CAB - remember this, similar type of programme to T-Bag.
    Chish and Fips - remember that
    Pigeon Street
    He-man
    She-ra
    Supergran
    Alfie Atkins
    The Raggy Dolls
    Rod Hull and Emu
    Puddle Lane
    Tickle on the Tum
    The Moomins
    Dangermouse

Comedy Series

Morecambe and Wise the complete collection (everything they ever did)
    The Two Ronnies the complete collection (everything they ever did)
    Fresh Fields
    Home to Roost
    Thick as Thieves

Drama Series

Big Deal
    The Brothers
    The original Maigret series starring the late great Rupert Davies
    With These Walls starring the great Googie Withers
    Cluff

Theres my list to begin with, there are probably other things as well, but please I want you all to make an effort to join in with this thread.
    Last edited by SirBillCotton; 02-05-2006, 03:18.

Stuff I'd like to see -
    • A compilation of early to mid 70s schools programmes like Words and Pictures and Scene.
    • Ace of Wands
    • Anita in Jumbleland
    • Marine Boy
    • Clapperboard
    • Double Deckers
    • A really good documentary on the Children's Film Foundation
    • Think of a Number
    I'm sure there are more and I'll probably waste most of this afternoon at work thinking of them

Comment

Originally posted by Wil
      Stuff I'd like to see -
      • A compilation of early to mid 70s schools programmes like Words and Pictures and Scene.
      • Ace of Wands
      • Anita in Jumbleland
      • Marine Boy
      • Clapperboard
      • Double Deckers
      • A really good documentary on the Children's Film Foundation
      • Think of a Number
      I'm sure there are more and I'll probably waste most of this afternoon at work thinking of them
      Please think of as many as you can that way it will enable me to get a good idea what people's interests are. I already have a list of petitions to bring certain childrens programmes out on dvd. Do you want me to pass on the list so far or not. If you like I will write out some petitions to try and get the programmes you want on dvd available in shops to buy. Unless dvd companies are convinced there is plenty of interest in a certain programme, they will not release it on dvd I'm afraid. A petition to collate people's names together is evidence people are interested.

Comment

I think that apart from the Double Deckers and maybe Ace of Wands, the market would just be too small to warrant a proper release of the items on my list.

Feel free to add them to any lists you might have (and aim it at compaines like Kult Kids or Network), though.

Good luck.

Comment

This is my hot list....

The Freewheelers
          Ace of Wands
          The Double Deckers
          SKY
          Marine Boy
          Grange Hill - box sets of each year from 1978 on
          The Aeronauts
          Junior Showtime

There's loads more...but it'll take ages trying to remember them all!!!!!!!!

Comment

The Ghosts of Motley Hall! (But actually I think it is already available on dvd)

Comment

Oh yeah and 'The Phoenix & the Carpet'

Comment

I'd love to see Break in the Sun. And - vis-a-vis the other thread I just discovered - Come Back, Lucy.

That would make me happy.

David.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbbo
                  This is my hot list....
                  The Aeronauts
                  That just made me think of something else - Astronut! Classic Terrytoons show and there doesn't seem to be hardly anything on t' interweb about it!

Comment

I agree with Wil - Think Of A Number with Johnny Ball was brilliant! If all maths teachers were that fascinating we'd all be very very clever.

I'd like to see a DVD of "Stop It and Tidy Up" it was a cartoon with characters all based on the things your parents say to you when you're little, there was "Wash Your Face, Don't Do That, and the Big, Bad I Said NO!"
                    Am I on my own there or does anyone else remember that?

Comment

I know this is not an old show but the series has now finished. I would like Malcolm in the Middle to be released on DVD. The Americans have had series 1 released on region 1 DVD for about 3 or 4 years but nothing has been released over here and nothing seems to be in the pipeline either.

Comment

The freewheelers
                        Ace of Wands
                        Catweazle
                        The Flashing Blade
                        Robinson Crusoe
                        Marine Boy
                        The Double Deckers

Comment

"The Mysterious Cities of Gold" - For the love of God please!

Comment

Yeah - Mysterious Cities of Gold was brilliant as a kid. Couple of other favs (Dungeons & Dragons & Ulysses 31) have already been released so this would be great on DVD.

Would also love Thundercats to be released. You can get it on region 1 from USA but that's no good to me.

Comment

Anybody got any episode guides to any of the programmes you've all mentioned that you want bringing out on dvd.

Comment

Working...
                              X