Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Childrens Audio Cassette Tape Collection (late 80s maybe or 90s)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Childrens Audio Cassette Tape Collection (late 80s maybe or 90s)

I have an odd request.
    I am having a difficult time locating a set of audiotapes. As a child, my mother would put me to bed and I would typically listen to an audio cassette tape from a pre-packaged collection. To the best of my knowledge, the tape collection came as a set of about ten tapes. Each tape held stories, folklore and legends from different cultures around the world. I wish I could recall more specifics. I think they came sorted and packed in a small wooden crate.

The stories themselves were told as they were in their culture, some were rather dark for children (by today's standards.) There was one story about a Chinese coastal village being devastated by a tsunami and losing it's rice crop, somehow the locals made it through the season by sharing and there was some lesson learned. There were stories of a princess making a deal with the Gods of the oceans to live under the sea in which her prince had drowned... etc. (Also some staples such as, the Emperor's New Clothes and The Little Dutch Boy)

So, I have taken up the task of finding a similar set of audio cds or cassettes. I want nothing more than to listen to the stories and keep them for my children to experience someday. I'm looking for advice or resources on where to continue my search. If possible I'd like to track down the specific collection I had as a child for nostalgia's sake. Knowing my Mom she probably got the collection from a scholastic book fair, local book store, or something of the like.

Any assistance would be much appreciated.

Re: Childrens Audio Cassette Tape Collection (late 80s maybe or 90s)

Oh yeah - I am not referring to Marshall Cavendish's Story Teller series.

Comment

Not these is it?

https://forums.doyouremember.co.uk/t...ll-Loved-Tales

Comment

Thanks for the reply,
        I don't think that's the one I'm looking for. Mine were definitely in standard cassette tape cases, packaged all together in what I think was a simple brown wooden case (pretty cheap looking if I remember correctly.)
        The most notable thing about them I think was the maturity level of the stories.

Comment

I'm looking for FANTASTIC MR FOX ..Can anyone remember it and if so who released it .
          THANK YOU .

Comment

both my children have recently read ROALD DAHL's Fantastic My Fox for school, its still in the curriculum,so its now been released on C.D

http://books.shop.ebay.co.uk/Audio-B...=p3286.c0.m282
            Heather

Comment

I once had a tape of Roald Dahl's Dirty Beasts released by Tempo in the 1980s.
              The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Tempo looks spot on
                http://www.amazon.co.uk/Fantastic-Fo...0384053&sr=1-1

Amazon also have the cd version
                http://www.amazon.co.uk/Fantastic-Mr...0384053&sr=1-1
                Heather

Comment

THANKS i'll buy them and see .
                  other audio stories i had . FIVE GO TO SMUGGLERS TOP, LOST WORLD ,HOUND OF THE BASKERVILLES, THE A-TEAM AND, DUKES OF HAZZARD.

Comment

I used to have an A-Team talking book called "Bugs In The Box", most of my story tapes went into a charity bag or to friends of the family.

I certainly still have a Star Wars one "Droid World" adapted from a comic strip. My parents might still have some of the read along books about.
                    The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Originally posted by TimMH View Post
                      ive got three of them as MP3s now Rebels, Voyage, and Worlds. Mom had picked them up from a dollar store in Queens when I was a kid. Absolutely loved them. Wished there were more. you might like Escape Pod, or Drabblecast
                      I had all of these but one as a kid...I would love to get copies of these MP3s for my son who is 7 now...about the same age I was in 81 when I got mine.

-Ryan
                      Anoanar-at-hotmail.com

Originally posted by Wakster View Post
                      OMG I've been looking everywhere for these tape/books I had no idea they were so rare. I'm gutted as I'd love to hear them again. I had Star Prince, WOTW, Time Machine and Voyage.
                      If anyone has scans of the books and audio I would gladly pay for any of these as I used to listen every night to them and I remember thinking how brilliant they were back then.
                      Just to see the pictures you guys have put on hear has already brought a smile to my face, many thanks
                      Same for me...I am so glad that someone is preserving these. My tapes all broke when I was a teenager one after another. I would love to get MP3s/scans of any of this material that is available. My son is the perfect age for these now and absolutely loves audio-stories. Please send any information available to anoanar-at-hotmail.com

Thanks,
                      Ryan

Comment

Turn the page when you hear this noise..........

Comment

Working...
                        X