white rothmans bond bugs in 1970

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• white rothmans bond bugs in 1970

hiya new to this forum .i was wondering if any of you members remember rothmans bond bugs from 1970 6 of these bugs where commissioned by rothmans ciggarettes and painted white with a black roof at the bond bug factory and they where stickered up with rothmans logos and drivin around uk seaside resorts with dolly birds driving with mini skirts giving out free ciggs and gifts and doing competitons.i have one of these bugs reg numbers starting ame 191 h to ame196 h .ive owned it for about 5 years and its in a sorry state and have been trying to get a photo of the cars with the logos on so it can be restored to original. ive been in contact with rothmans (not much help ) and the bug club to no avail so im hopeing any member here might remember them or better have a photo or press release pic .it would be brilliant if i could locate the drivers of these bugs.ive spoken to various people who remember them driving around but no pics. can you help .many thanks for looking

Re: white rothmans bond bugs in 1970

Nice one! And good luck with your renovation project! I do remember Bond Bugs (normally standard orange and black?) I also remember Rothmans adverts in magazines, they had an Airline Pilots cuff on a gear stick of a car holding a ciggy? (can't do it now the PC brigade would veeto it!) All I can say is possibly old copies of Autosport and old Rothmans Ciggy ads?

I bet the dolly birds wore white mini skirts (or hot pants) and knee length boots?

What a glam era............

Comment

I've got a book out from the library on the history of Bond cars, mostly on their earlier models.

I can't see the above mentioned, though it was more of a premotion for Rothmans than for Bond.

Those Rothman's pilot's arm ads were around to at least the 1980s.
      The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

I don't remember ever seeing a Rothmans Bug but I did have a very non pc JPS Capri!

Comment

Working...
        X