cape fruit apple advert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cape fruit apple advert

hi does anyone remember the cape fruit apple advert. it was a 30 secound advert with a white bond bug with apple stickers all over it and the inside was full of apples and was drivin in a circle by a big bloke and with kids all around eating apples and the music was sung by joe brown, the bond bug that was in the advert used to be a rothmans promotional bug. i do have a photo copy of the advert on 2 a4 sheets if any one wants to see it.

Re: cape fruit apple advert

The only Cape Fruit advert I can find is a Tommy Cooper one!
    Heather

Comment

I don't remember that advert, but wasn't there one like Bugsy Malone where they're in a speak easy full of apples and when it gets raided everything turns upside down and they're drinking tea? Was this cape apples?
      1976 Vintage

Comment

The Bugsy Malone style ones were for Golden Delicious apples as Le Crunch Bunch, I can still remember them thanks to Granada showing them for many years.

The more shown ones was as described above, with the final line "You win this times Spats, but I know there's somethinf going on behind my back!"

The other ones had a van full of apples & a courtroom where a Little Louie was being tried, but someone accidently eats an apple being used as evidence.
        The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Indeed

Comment

It's weird to think that there were adverts for apples back then. They should bring them back to get everyone into the 5-a-day spirit.
            1976 Vintage

Comment

Thanks it's great to see that again, I think those ads ran from about 1983 to 1988.
              The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
                Thanks it's great to see that again, I think those ads ran from about 1983 to 1988.
                Blimey is it really that long ago! Good grief!
                Heather

Comment

Working...
                X