'Daddy read me a bedtime story' book.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Daddy read me a bedtime story' book.

My nan bought me this book in Woolworths many moons ago. Some great little stories in it, some a bit disturbing actually. I doubt anyone will remember it.

One story was about a boy called Gregory who was secretly changing into a flamingo...he sneaked out of his house one morning early, rode his bike down to the river bank and left it there to start his new life as a flamingo.

Another one was about a goose who lived in a cottage in the woods, he was being hunted by a pack of wolves who one night were circling the cottage. The goose hid his head under his wing in terror only to discover a zip there among the feathers. He poked his head in and saw a tunnel which he entered, followed a light only to emerge on the outskirts of the forest. The wolves crashed throught the windows and when they were all inside the goose ran back and set the house on fire burning them all alive.

Another story was called 'Breezes Various' about a dormitory full of different winds, one of whom sneaks out of his bed one night and blows a seed somewhere.

I'd love to read it again.

Re: 'Daddy read me a bedtime story' book.

Hi

I loved that book. I loved it so much that I have been looking for a copy for the past 15 years! It formed my childhood - my father used to read it to me every night.

There was the story about the Gogis ( who lived up a mountain and ate from a dish) and Arther Anteater who had a cold. I remember all the stories you mention. Im sure that book is responsible for my warpped sense of humour! It made me who I am today i think!

Last week, my father was telling my son about that book. It prompted me to look again to see if I could find a copy as its long since gone out of publication. I have been searching for years on and off. Presto, Ive got a copy coming. Amazon! Hooray!

I will be reliving those memories reading those fab stories to to my children they dont make books like that anymore!

Happy dayz......

Comment

It sounds like whoever wrote it was on LSD at the time lol. Good to see that someone remembers it and better still has found a copy after so long!
      "She moves in such an exciting world!"

Comment

Originally posted by Fran View Post
        Hi

I loved that book. I loved it so much that I have been looking for a copy for the past 15 years! It formed my childhood - my father used to read it to me every night.

There was the story about the Gogis ( who lived up a mountain and ate from a dish) and Arther Anteater who had a cold. I remember all the stories you mention. Im sure that book is responsible for my warpped sense of humour! It made me who I am today i think!

Last week, my father was telling my son about that book. It prompted me to look again to see if I could find a copy as its long since gone out of publication. I have been searching for years on and off. Presto, Ive got a copy coming. Amazon! Hooray!

I will be reliving those memories reading those fab stories to to my children they dont make books like that anymore!

Happy dayz......
        thats great fran that you can share the story of this book with your kids as your dad shared with you.

as your reading it to your kids in brings all those wonderful memories back you had when your dad read it to you.

that is so special.

i can only imagine who it felt when you found this book after 15 yrs.
        tou must have been so excited when it came through the letterbox.
        FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

No way Fran..I was delighted to read your reply. I never dreamt it'd still be available. I loved that book, great that the stories were quite short as well as there was little chance of getting bored halfway through. There was another story in it about a family stuck inside on a rainy day, the parents took them for a spin in the car and they played some sort of game tryin to spot things out the window. Another was about a little boy and girl playing cowboys and indians, the boy cut the girl's hair 'cos it looked too girly.

I must have a look in Amazon myself.

Comment

Working...
          X