Roxette

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roxette

I've just rediscovered Roxette. They look seriously uncool to the eye now, but what tunes!
    The Look, Dressed For Success, It Must Have Been Love and Joyride. One of my favourite groups around '89 '90. Had 'the best of' album blasting out of my car in Newcastle today. Spot the sad 30-something
    Last edited by Trickyvee; 17-08-2010, 19:35.
    1976 Vintage

Re: Roxette

Not at all, Roxette would be one of my guilty pleasures for nostalgic reasons...remember picking my gcse results up and walking passed the cafe on the way there hearing "the look" on the radio....luckily if i remember the best of has one of their recent best tracks on it called "stars" it is excellent.

Comment

I thought roxette were pretty cool aswell.I am also the owner of their greatest hits cd love their europop hits like Dressed for success and The Look. I also thought their slower tracks like Spending my Time and Vunerable were fab aswell....... Does anyone know if they are still going?

Comment

Reformed last year AFAIK

Comment

yep she has just battled a bad case of cancer also if i remember correctly.

Comment

I really liked them back in the day, some of their hits were bigger in the USA than over her for some reason. America's Top 10 showed them a lot.
            The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

I read somewhere that 'It must have been love' was originally a Christmas ballad recorded in 1987, but EMI shelved it. Three years later the song was spiced up for the film 'Pretty Woman' and the rest is history.

Comment

It Must Have Been Love was their 5th UK top 10 hit. The Look broke them in the Uk in 1988, always reminds me of 6th form when I hear it.
                The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

On the local Real Radio in Scotland they play a Roxette song at least once every few days, did not realise they had so many decent songs. From memeory the girl in the band was a bit of a hottie

Comment

Originally posted by smc4761 View Post
                    On the local Real Radio in Scotland they play a Roxette song at least once every few days, did not realise they had so many decent songs. From memeory the girl in the band was a bit of a hottie
                    Yes she had that typical Scandinavian look about her and made me want to cut my hair short and dye it blonde which in retrospect I'm glad I didn't because I wouldn't have been able to carry it off like her.
                    1976 Vintage

Comment

Originally posted by wispa lover View Post
                      I read somewhere that 'It must have been love' was originally a Christmas ballad recorded in 1987, but EMI shelved it. Three years later the song was spiced up for the film 'Pretty Woman' and the rest is history.
                      This is true. I have the 1st release single. It sounds nothing like the 'Pretty Woman' version. It was released in 1987 and was called 'It must have been love (Christmas for the broken hearted)'. It was then remixed to remove the christmas sounds and re released in 1990 as part of the Pretty Woman OST. It was then a hit!!
                      Last edited by stuckinthe80's; 23-10-2010, 08:28.
                      Heaven knows I'm miserable now.

Comment

Working...
                      X