Retro game projects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retro game projects

Wasn't meant to be, but this looks like a project now.. pesky dishonest Ebay sellers

Retro game projects

LOL at least the box looks in good nick!!
    Heather

Comment

Retro game projects

LOL. Think the renovation was attempted by Bodgitt & Scarper

Comment

Retro game projects

I contacted seller, but no reply. I'll live with it. It will get stripped & rebuilt

Comment

Retro game projects

It should be a straightforward repair.But it's a risk with ebay.
          sigpic

Comment

Project RetroCade

Hello everyone,

im new to the forums. and i wanted to share the project im currently working on with a friend of mine. we both have a great love and nostalgic feelings for the arcade games of the 80's and 90's. we both happen to have spare computers lying around, and shared the basic know how of woodworking and videogame emulation. so we set out to bring these classics back to life by building two arcade cabinets, one for each of us. 2 months in and we have made some serious progress.

wiring up the control panel. homebrew circuitry is extremely satisfying

all wired up, ready to plug these badboys into our pcs and start setting up the software...

let the games begin...

still have quite a bit of work left before this is completed. but i think we are well on our way. we have about 300 games set up and running.. still polyurethaning the cabinets which is a slow process, not to mention work schedules getting in the way. ill be sure to update this as it progresses.

i originally had alot more pictures in this post. but had to crop it down to just 4, you can see the rest of the pictures of Project RetroCade at the link below

http://s33.photobucket.com/albums/d9...t%20RetroCade/

i would love to hear your thoughts!

Comment

Re: Project RetroCade

Nice work!
              Love those little Cabs you've made.
              I'm currently stripping an old X-arcade controller out & replacing it with decent parts.
              Love the way they put "Real Arcade Wood" on the box..
              yeah.. real MDF
              I'd love a cabaret cabinet, but I'm useless with wood:cry:
              I did have a full size arcade cab at one point, but not enough room to get it running

Comment

Hello sixtyten! Thanks for the feedback, its much appreciated. I share your woes about x arcade. It really irks me when i see photos of x arcades mounted to an otherwise perfectly good arcade cabinet. Me and my friend have wanted to build a cab for years now but never had the space for a full upright. So when we got the idea for two player bartops it took off with extreme momentum. I also have a great love for the old cocktail machines. Just wish i had the room for one. Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by sixtyten View Post
                  Wasn't meant to be, but this looks like a project now.. pesky dishonest Ebay sellers

Wow, now i see what you mean sixtyten! What do you think they were trying to do? Replace the joystick because it stopped responding correctly? I guess they didnt know that you can replace those black micro switches on the joystick for pennies, it would have saved alot of money and they wouldn't have had to modify anything!

Comment

Re: Retro game projects

Apparently, they were replacing the stock parts with better ones, but why they didn't choose a similar sized stick is beyond me.
                    They made two new holes, and left two with untightened screws hanging out of them.
                    The stick seems to work, but the other one (still stock) pulls right up from the panel, no idea whats happened there

Comment

Just about finished the retrocade, just waiting on the custom marquee
                      Attached Files

Comment

Finally bought the parts to modify my Arcade Stick.. woot!

Start work on it tomorrow

Comment

a few years ago I made my own joystick out of 2 non locking toggle switches for directions & some push switches for fire buttons.

It worked a treat on a Commodore 128 & Acorn Electron, sadly both falled victim to parental purges.
                          The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

how long do u think this will take sixty.

i hope u have patience.
                            FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

under an hour.. simple stuff

Comment

Working...
                              X