Magnus Pike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magnus Pike

Can anyone remember Magnus Pike, the mad scientist who would pop up on all sorts of programmes during the early 80's. Never had a clue what he was going on about as I was little, just some crazy lanky old man jumping around and waving his arms about!
    1976 Vintage

Re: Magnus Pike

I remember him. He was one of those eccentrics that used to crop up from time to time, like Heinz Wolf. He was on some sort of science programme which escapes me for the moment...
    "She moves in such an exciting world!"

Comment

I remember him well! He did a science show on primetime with Miriam Stoppard - I forget the name of it.

Comment

Magnus Pike appeared in the Thomas Dolby video for She Blinded Me With Science.

The house used in the video,is the same one a few Hammer Horror films were filmed at.

Comment

I sometimes used to get called Magnus Pike at school lol.

I have vague memories of him and his manic arm waving on tv in the 70's and 80's.
          The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

Great video, moonvisage. And yes Herr - the arm waving!

"Dont's Ask Me" was the show I was thinking of.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0209789/

Comment

I am glad someone has brought this chap into the limelight again, I remember Dont Ask Me, it was a science series with loads of fascinating facts and experiments.

I remember them testing an Airfield Firemans Suit - (silver helmet and suit .)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0C4iHTEJ9o

If you listen to this link above, It is called The House Of The King, By a group called Focus. get to about 15 seconds in.

I would like to find a full programme of Dont Ask Me with Magnus Pike.

Comment

Originally posted by FLYING SAUCER View Post
                ...If you listen to this link above, It is called The House Of The King, By a group called Focus...
                Indeed. A great piece of music and one of the most memorable TV themes.

Comment

I knocked on his door once, I didn't know he lived there until he answered it. I was in the scouts in Hammersmith and we were collecting things for a jumble sale.

Comment

He was one of those people you could never forget! A real mad professor.

I used to enjoy Don't Ask Me, watching Pyke with all his enthusiasm and I liked Rob Buckman too.
                    sigpic
                    'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Comment

A real character, and a very clever scientist too. He also did a washing machine ad. (I forget for which make), in which the legendary arms were employed to the full to demonstrate centrifugal force!!

Comment

I remember him. My Dad hated him. It was probably like hearing nails scraped down a blackboard for him - he used to say loudly when Magnus was on the box:

'CAN'T STAND HIM! HE KNOWS EVERYTHING! WAVING HIS BLOODY ARMS ABOUT!' (and he'd promptly do a funny impression of that)....

I remember on a prog I saw about Fish Fingers Pike said they wouldn't last - shows he didn't know everything lol. And I remember him being sans combover...anyone else???

Comment

Working...
                        X