Happy Apple

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Apple

Does anyone remember this tv series - all I remember was that Lesley Ash was in it and some of the scenes were set in a room up some stairs(?). The theme music was the Eine Kleine Nachtmusik
    Last edited by Heidi; 14-05-2006, 09:07.
    Heidi

I remember it!

'Nancy is a junior secretary,
    in an advertising agency!'

I remember the theme tune really well so I am guessing she worked in an advertising agency! lol.

I found this on IMDb
    'Nancy was the new secretary at the 'Happy Apple advertising agency. Despite being ill educated, she had a remarkable gift; she could come up with the brilliantly simple and most effective advertising slogans without trying. Of course her bosses exploited her abilities to the full'.

If you check out the bbc site on the comedy guide section, you can find more on 'The happy apple'.

Comment

Re: Happy Apple

Nancy was 'more average than average, that is, her responses to any question was the 'average' answer. For example, an apple is a happy fruit (hence the title of the series - the Happy Apple). Her skills are discovered by three partners of a new advertising firm and they use her as an inexpensive alternative to polling and other research. As the series progresses, she is highly paid, but the partners must struggle to prevent her from developing.

One of the three partners, tone deaf, hires a young man who teach him culture, a second partner buys himself 'tax haven farm'.

A fun series. Ash also appeared as 'Fred' in C.A.T.S. Eyes.

Comment

Working...
      X