Sport Billy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sport Billy

Anyone remember Sport Billy ? - it was a cartoon where a boy had a special sports bag that was bottomless where he pulled out thinks to help him solve problems. Think he may have had a sister/girlfriend too, cant quite remember.
    Might have had something to do with the olympics too.
    Heidi

Sport Billy

Originally posted by Heidi
    Anyone remember Sport Billy ? - it was a cartoon where a boy had a special sports bag that was bottomless where he pulled out thinks to help him solve problems. Think he may have had a sister/girlfriend too, cant quite remember.
    Might have had something to do with the olympics too.
    Hello Heidi,

My memories of Sport Billy involve the school holidays and the extra cartoons that they used to put on for us. Sport Billy was from the planet Olympus and used to travel the world in his time ship. his god-like populace was due to his good sportmanship and fair play. He also travelled with his 2 pals Willy & Lilly and also had his foe in the evil Queen Vanda. Hope this helps.

Paul Gilhooley

Comment

Thought Sport Billy was just a sport-mad kid, no hidden extras ! Was he a mascot for some World Cup / Olympics in the 80s ?
      Into the 5th Millennium & beyond...!

Comment

No he wasnt. Of course i remember Sport Billy, His incredible bag, and his spaceship-timemachine that looked like a clock and the evil queen ( uhm... i think she was a queen ) Vanta

Comment

Hell Yeah! Sport Billy and his endless bag of growing PE equipement

Comment

Originally posted by Aidan
            Thought Sport Billy was just a sport-mad kid, no hidden extras ! Was he a mascot for some World Cup / Olympics in the 80s ?
            I think he was the official mascot of FIFA. I don't know if that was before or after the cartoon was first shown though.

Comment

I remember sports bag billy.
              I sometimes get called sports bag billy when I start emptying my pockets all over the table.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0131598/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sport_Billy
              Last edited by Van_Whistler; 30-05-2006, 11:23.
              Van_Whistler (too young to understand - old enough to know better)

Comment

Re: Sport Billy

This was an awesome cartoon, you can see an ep. on youtube
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84tmvdLWNsg

Comment

Comment

I remember the cartoons being on the in the early mid 1980s.

Ladybird did an A5 sized activity book based on Sport Billy. I used to have one but I'm sure it went in a clearout years ago.

At school there was a boy with the initials SB used looked a bit like Sport Billy, & got it as a nickname.
                    The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Didn't he have a dog? This was on around the same time Animalympics aired right?

Comment

Working...
                      X