Help with a British TV film in the 80's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with a British TV film in the 80's

Hello, I wonder if anyone can help me with this as it's driving me mad.

This was in two parts although apart from the characters it was unrelated. The first part began with a girl walking up a wooden staircase in a school with a lit candle and as she is doing so, a voice is reading Byron's "She walks in beauty like the night. She then opens a door, sees something and screams. There are a number of deaths (possibly?) or appearances of a "ghost" and the school put on a production of The Tempest where the "ghost" appears. The female lead character had mousey hair at ear length with a grip holding it from her eyes.
    It reminded me of the St. Clares/Mallory Towers format written by Enid Blyton and was called "the something at St. someone's". Any ideas????? Please help

Thank you

Sarah
    Last edited by discodeeva; 20-05-2006, 13:57.

I have absolutely no idea, but it sounds good! I'm intrigued now! I tried to search parts of your description on various search engines, but to no avail. If you ever find out, do come back and tell me

Comment

Hello Harlequinn,

Thank you for you reply. If I do ever remember what this is then I shall return to the four websites I have posted this query on and rejoice. I don't think there was anyone famous in it, not that I recognised anyway but then I was little. The only clear quote I remember was "It's Colin....the gypsy...at/from Coxleys" I've tried searching on this aswell and have got no where. It's not likely to be repeated anywhere in the future either but I'm not giving up !!

Comment

No don't give up!!! When you find it, come back and I shall rejoice with you!!

Comment

Working...
        X