Ronald ( Ronnie ) Hazelhurst and his Music

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ronald ( Ronnie ) Hazelhurst and his Music

The more i find out about Ronnie Hazelhurst and the different music he made for the BBC,the more awestruck i become.He seems to have created some the best music for tv i have ever heard.

1: The Fall and Rise of Reginald Perrin

2: The Two Ronnies

3: Are You Being Served

4: Last of the Summer Wine

5: Some Mothers Do 'ave 'em

6: To The Manor Born

7: Citizen Smith

8: Only Fools and Horses

9: Yes Minister

Sadly,Ronnie Hazlehurst has passed away now.He certainly left a magnificent legacy of music behind for us all to enjoy.

Re: Ronald ( Ronnie ) Hazelhurst and his Music

They are brilliant themes. I've always liked the are you being served theme in particular. I wouldn't have a clue what he looked like but I always did notice his name in end credits all time even when I was young.
    1976 Vintage

Comment

Here is a youtube clip featuring Ronnie Hazlehurst

I spent years wondering what Ronnie looked like aswell.Good old youtube.

Comment

As a teenager, I wasn't a plane-spotter or train-spotter, I didn't collect stamps or marbles (much), but instead I collected TV themes. I bought pretty much every TV themes LP that ever came out. And many of them featured Ronnie Hazelhurst. He's one of the greatest.

Comment

It's a shame that there hasn't been a recent release of his TV theme work on one CD. Especially since he passed away, it would be a real tribute. He also produced the 'That's Life' theme, to add to the themes mentioned above.
          "We're the Sweeney son, and we haven't had any dinner!"

Comment

Oh dear, YouTube can be really dodgy sometimes! Technically, I mean - especially that Are You Being Served one. Does anyone know what's that tune that plays between the bits where that recording keeps starting and stopping?
            The present is a foreign country. They do things differently here.

Comment

I once heard an interview with Ronnie Hazelhurst on a radio show about TV themes, and I remember him telling the interviewer that he often tried to match the notes of the theme to the title of the show. 'The Fall And Rise Of Reginald Perrin' is a good example of this, because the note falls on the 'Fall' bit and rises on the 'Rise' bit. 'Some Mothers Do 'Ave 'Em' was apparently the title of the show in morse code, and the theme to 'Yes Minister/Yes Prime Minister' was based on the chimes of Big Ben.
              "We're the Sweeney son, and we haven't had any dinner!"

Comment

Working...
              X