Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

School reading book - boy with black cat ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• School reading book - boy with black cat ?

I can remember a series of books I read in our school library probably about 1984 to 85. From what I can remember, they involved a young boy and was about magic and spells and adventures with witches. I'm sure he also had a magic black cat as well. I think they were learning books as they they got more advanced as you read through them. Can anyone throw any light on to these ? They wern't particually thick books, in fact they seemed quite thin.

Re: School reading book - boy with black cat ?

I wonder if these are the books I've been trying to remember and have mentioned in another thread. The age is roughly right, for me I would have been reading them around '81-'82 but all I can remember about the books is that they came in a series going from red to green and one of the red ones had a story about a black couldron rolling down a hill. I'm assuming it might have something to do with witches but I can't remember!
    1976 Vintage

Comment

It could well be. Now you mention it, the colour system seems to ring a bell ! Can't believe I can't remember anything else about them ! I know that I enjoyed reading them and wanting to read the next one so they can't have been that bad !

Comment

I remember those colour system books! Schools had them. I remember seeing some with a gold stripe too-think those where the top most books in the series.

Comment

I might be wrong but i am certain these are the Tim and the Hidden people series by sheila mccullagh (used to love these as a kid), they cost a small fortune on Ebay only wish they could be republished or turned into ebooks. If you google it there are a couple of dedicated sites.

Comment

You beauty ! Lol That's it ! I'm so relieved ! Going to do research into these now. The cat being called Tobias has come back to me now I see it but I can't actually remember 'The Hidden People'. Anyway you've got it spot on. Thanks loads !!!

Comment

Ooh I think it is a bingo for me too! The cat called Tobias has swung it. I'm pretty certain it must have been this series I read, although to my mind I seemed a little older when I read these compared to the 'black cauldron' book. Still, it says they were designed for age 4-7 years, so it might have been the same series throughout.
              1976 Vintage

Comment

Working...
              X