Facebook reuniting.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Facebook reuniting.

After YEARS of not talking since we turned 13. (we're now 36) - my best mate from 4-13 requested to be friends on FB - we lived opposite each other and did everything together, he moved away (1/4 mile!!!) made new friends and it wasn't the same...
    He just sent me a message with so many memories I never thought he'd remember, I just did the same back to him. I want to go back in time!!!

Re: Facebook reuniting.

That's Brilliant!

Comment

Wow that's great after such a long time. Don't have too high expectations though - you were kids then and are grown ups now. Glad for you though.
      "She moves in such an exciting world!"

Comment

Several of my old friends from childhood who moved away are now friends on facebook, but it's as far as it goes, it's nice to be in contact with them again and have a connection to the past but I don't think any great reunions are planned.
        The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

Originally posted by Herr Grunwald View Post
          Several of my old friends from childhood who moved away are now friends on facebook, but it's as far as it goes, it's nice to be in contact with them again and have a connection to the past but I don't think any great reunions are planned.
          i think a reunion would be a good idea mate.
          im one for reunions.
          if you where friends when you where young why can you not be friends again like you where.
          FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

I actually managed to find people I havn't seen since I was 6-7 on facebook!!! lol
            I joined a group on there to do with the first school I went to and I remembered people there, we added each other and had a chat and I'm able to tag them in pics from the old days now, really brilliant facebook is for finding people!

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
              i think a reunion would be a good idea mate.
              im one for reunions.
              if you where friends when you where young why can you not be friends again like you where.
              I have a friend from schooldays, we met on the first day we started school when we were both 4 1/2 yrs old and we are still friends.
              I have also been to several Grammar School reunions, they were a blast and I am in contact with a few old school pals from that some on facebook too.
              The people of Oman don't like the Flintstones but the people of Abu Dhabi do!

Comment

Originally posted by Megawitch View Post
                I have a friend from schooldays, we met on the first day we started school when we were both 4 1/2 yrs old and we are still friends.
                I have also been to several Grammar School reunions, they were a blast and I am in contact with a few old school pals from that some on facebook too.

so have you managed to meet any of these friends in person that you are in contact with on facebook.

and did you get on with these friends at these reunions.
                FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

I've organised a school reunion/40th birthday get together through Facebook.

I left school in 1987, and some of the people I've traced through Facebook, I havent seen since leaving school back in 87. It will be interesting to see how people have changed.
                  Oh to be a kid again with a can of Top Deck on a hot summer day, now that would be good.

Comment

Originally posted by Fatboy View Post
                    I've organised a school reunion/40th birthday get together through Facebook.

I left school in 1987, and some of the people I've traced through Facebook, I havent seen since leaving school back in 87. It will be interesting to see how people have changed.

I don't think i would want to get in touch with anybody from my past,not even the best friend i had in primary school back in England. It just wouldn't be the same . I might not like him now or he may not like me and it'd spoil the memory.

Comment

Originally posted by stud1al View Post
                      I don't think i would want to get in touch with anybody from my past,not even the best friend i had in primary school back in England. It just wouldn't be the same . I might not like him now or he may not like me and it'd spoil the memory.
                      You're probably right. I did try and find my best friend from secondary school from the mid-80s on Facebook and Friends Reunited, even Google, but because he has such a common name, it's impossible. But then I think, yeah we had a laugh when we were 14, 15, and no-one else has exactly those same memories of private jokes and things that happened in school (such as made up songs about an Australian teacher we had that had us in stitches but would mean nothing to anyone else), yet if we were that close, we'd have bothered to keep in touch after we left twenty-odd years ago. I mean, I'm far easier to look up than anyone I went to school with, and nobody's tried to contact me, so why should I bother?

Comment

Originally posted by stockportyears View Post
                        You're probably right. I did try and find my best friend from secondary school from the mid-80s on Facebook and Friends Reunited, even Google, but because he has such a common name, it's impossible. But then I think, yeah we had a laugh when we were 14, 15, and no-one else has exactly those same memories of private jokes and things that happened in school (such as made up songs about an Australian teacher we had that had us in stitches but would mean nothing to anyone else), yet if we were that close, we'd have bothered to keep in touch after we left twenty-odd years ago. I mean, I'm far easier to look up than anyone I went to school with, and nobody's tried to contact me, so why should I bother?
                        Re-the end of your post.That's exactly the way i feel about it.

Comment

I've had a few people contact me via Friends Reunited, people I vaguely remember from school/college but were never particularly big buddies with. Why would I want to meet up with them now? It's interesting I spose to read the brief profile to see what they are doing now but beyond that? Nope.
                          "She moves in such an exciting world!"

Comment

Working...
                          X