Looking Back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking Back

I was in another forum earlier and I started thinking about the things that were "fashionable" way back when.

I liked New Kids on the Block, the popular trend: really huge, oversized pins (like 6" wide) with photos of each New Kid, or a group shot.
    ....much like this one.

And....decorating purses, bookbags, and denim jackets with any sort of trinkets: pins, safety pins with beads on them, jewelry, buttons, lace, mesh, etc.

How about you guys? What were you most memorable/ or the corniest fads that you would never, ever, ever wear today?

Bay City Roller gear has to be the gaudiest (luckily I was too young ). Mod ( or Rocker ) stuff were the coolest - thing was, you were either one or the other and risked a beating if you crossed the line. Made the Man Utd/Liverpool thing look like a picnic.
    Into the 5th Millennium & beyond...!

Comment

I had a terrible Fido Dido tie-dye T-shirt that I thought made me look suave and cool. I wore it to school on an end of term 'no uniform day' and was mocked mercilessly for it.

I can't blame them, looking back to it.

I had a friend at the same time who used to have a T-shirt with a picture of Mr-T cuddling kittens. It was perhaps the most horrendous thing he could have been made to wear. The fact it was a dull pink did not help his reputation. I pitied the fool.
      The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.
      Marcel Proust

Comment

Bicycle shorts from 1989. Those black spandex ones with neon stripes on the sides. I wore them without even being on a bike!

Shortalls (aka overall shorts) in the early 90s. They were ridiculous looking.

In 1994, the "school girl" look was in so I would sometimes wear a kilt with knee highs. I will never again find myself wearing that combo.

Comment

Re: Looking Back

Originally posted by JEM View Post
          Bicycle shorts from 1989. Those black spandex ones with neon stripes on the sides. I wore them without even being on a bike!

Shortalls (aka overall shorts) in the early 90s. They were ridiculous looking.

In 1994, the "school girl" look was in so I would sometimes wear a kilt with knee highs. I will never again find myself wearing that combo.
          i had shortalls lol i remember them they were kinda ridiculous in a way

you seem around the same age as me may i ask how old you are im 20

Comment

Crisp white shirt, blue jeans, cowboy boots.
            Oozed something between sophistication and Blue Stratos.
            Quite fancied myself actually!

Comment

I just cannot believe i use to wear these.

A long purple maxi dress

Long Black maxi coat

A big black floppy hat

And a bell on a chain around my neck that use to jingel when i walked.

Comment

Working...
              X