Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your first date!.

How did your first date go?...

I lived in Torquay at the time and I lived 2 miles away from school!.
    My first boyfriend said he would come on the bus on the Sunday, my mum said he could stop for tea!.
    The bus came onto the lane quite a way from my home and the buses only ran every hour, so near to the time he was due I went up the country lane to meet him from the bus, he wasn't on the bus, so instead of waiting there for another hour I walked home again!.
    This I did twice more, until I knew then he wasn't coming, which saddened me as I was only 9 years old and naturally I was so looking forward to seeing him!.

At school on the Monday he was there by the school gate, on asking him why he didn't turn up he said his mum wouldn't let him visit me as he had the 'runs' lol, bless him!.

Re: Your first date!.

I can only assume that my first 'date' was meeting up with a girl called Rachel from school in the Easter Holidays 1983 - we went to Altrincham and had lunch in McDonalds, which was a treat back in those days, then we went to Woolworths specially to buy the new Duran Duran single that had just come out, 'Is There Something I Should Know?', cause we were both pretty keen on them (I liked their music and the way they wore their ties halfway inside their shirts, I think she just fancied them). I think we bought some other records as well, Nick Heyward seems to ring a bell, though no more than about four as they were about £1.20 a throw in them days. Anyway, we went back to her house because she had a 'music centre' and played them, whilst drinking fizzy pop.

Lurid debauched behaviour from teenagers in the 80s, I'll tell you.

Comment

Re: Your first date!.

25th December 1962

Comment

Working...
      X