Childhood Dreams and Nightmares.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Childhood Dreams and Nightmares.

Would anyone like to recount any recurring dreams or strange dreams You had as a kid that made such an impression on you that they have stayed with You until this very day?

(needs to test the water out there before he jumps in with a couple of his own strange ones)

Re: Childhood Dreams and Nightmares.

I use to get a recurring dream where I'd walk to school get there look down at my feet only to find it had snowed and I'd have no shoes on my feet :cry:
    Another recurring dream was I could fly down the stairs, and one I still get (the other two stopped when I grew up) I bite into an apple I spit a tooth out, then they all start falling out one by one.Most disturbing lol
    Heather

Comment

I used to fly a lot as a child. It was like I was swimming, but in the air and usually going straight up. I'd be in the street and I could go up and up until I could see right over the roof tops, then I'd lie on my back and float back down going backwards and forwards the way a bit of paper does on the wind. I've never flown in a dream since those days
      1976 Vintage

Comment

Well, in accordance with my offered Masterclass on posting, this thread has performed woefully. So to put it to bed I'll mention the couple of weird dreams that I will never forget.

1. (6 years old). I had a teacher in the 2nd years who was young beautiful and well endowed in the chesticle department. I dreamed that I took her bra off and opened her boob to reveal a ball which I opened to reveal another ball and so on like Russian dolls until the last ball revealed an aniseed ball (my dad's favourite). I popped the aniseed ball in my mouth and ate it.... But... What did it all mean?

2. (14 years old) I was in Blackpool on the Golden Mile when ABBA came riding along on a 5 seat bike (bit like the Goodies bike). That was unusual but they were also stark ABBA naked. Agnetha asked me if I wanted to ride around with them so I got on the bike between Agnetha and Frida with Benny and Bjorn at the ends. Then We rode up and down the Golden Mile waving at my mates from school (why they were in Blackpool, I have no idea)...But ...What did it all mean?

these are 2 of the most memorable ones I had from childhood.... I also had nightmares but I managed to control them with my Dad's help and suggestions.

Comment

a dream i have is being taken away bu aliens.
          they are white with big oval shaped silver eyes.
          they take me away o experiments on me.
          the shop is the ship is the ship from E.T

i still have thus nightmare 20 yrs after i first had it.
          and it still scares me.
          FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

I had a dream with a cliffhanger where something attacked me, then the next night I garotted it with my cub scarf.

Comment

Had a really weird one when I was quite young. My mum was in the crowd at a football match (odd in itself as she's never been near a game) and sat nearby there was a judge (in full garb and wig) and he threw a pipe (the tobacco kind) onto the pitch and it exploded. Strange I know and I was too young to have been anywhere near illegal substances.
              "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER"

Comment

Originally posted by branny View Post
                Had a really weird one when I was quite young. My mum was in the crowd at a football match (odd in itself as she's never been near a game) and sat nearby there was a judge (in full garb and wig) and he threw a pipe (the tobacco kind) onto the pitch and it exploded. Strange I know and I was too young to have been anywhere near illegal substances.
                have i had any dreams knightmares that recurred say at a certain time or perhaps once a weel.

that one i mentioned happened to me regular id get it a fe times a moth.

it went on for yra and yrs.

Comment

I had two nightmares that weren't recurring but scared me so much that I still remember them.

In the first I was looking out of our front window and there was a man with no head coming down the street. He had a big black hat on, 'invisible man' style, but no head. I ran away to hide, hoping he hadn't seen me but knew he had (despite the absence of head) and he knocked on the door. I knew I had to answer it but I was terrified. When I opened it he bent over and all you could see was the neck with blood and entrails hanging out! I woke up screaming!

In another I was being chased everywhere by a horrible monkey with a long nose. Then the dream switched and I was sitting in our living room, feeling relieved that I was somewhere safe. I went to sit on the settee but felt something sticking in my back and it was the monkey's nose! He was sitting on the settee waiting for me
                  1976 Vintage

Comment

Originally posted by Trickyvee View Post
                    I had two nightmares that weren't recurring but scared me so much that I still remember them.

In the first I was looking out of our front window and there was a man with no head coming down the street. He had a big black hat on, 'invisible man' style, but no head. I ran away to hide, hoping he hadn't seen me but knew he had (despite the absence of head) and he knocked on the door. I knew I had to answer it but I was terrified. When I opened it he bent over and all you could see was the neck with blood and entrails hanging out! I woke up screaming!

In another I was being chased everywhere by a horrible monkey with a long nose. Then the dream switched and I was sitting in our living room, feeling relieved that I was somewhere safe. I went to sit on the settee but felt something sticking in my back and it was the monkey's nose! He was sitting on the settee waiting for me
                    that first one is pretty scary mate.
                    can see whu you screamed.

can y remember when y stopped having these dreams.

Comment

Working...
                    X