Great old tv shows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great old tv shows

Does anyone remember the Knights of God a sunday night drama aimed at kids but was great for all.

Also there was carries war and tripods
    whatya guys think
    Laugh and the world laughs with you, Sneeze and it's goodbye Seattle.

Never saw Knights of God, but I was a huge fan of The Tripods, mostly as I was obsessed with War of the Worlds at that time. I remember thinking at the time that the whole first series was rather slow paced and monotonous, and having read the John Christopher trilogy, I can say that it was. They seemed to drag out pointless part of the novel that only lasted a paragraph to an entire episode.

The second series, when Will becomes a slave to one of the Masters, was far better, but not released yet on DVD, as far as I know.
    The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.
    Marcel Proust

Comment

never saw knights of god you missed out man.....
      never read any of the tripod books however i was and am still mad on war of the worlds
      have all films except low budget brit version based exactly on wells book (set near where i live in surrey)

Comment

Good man! I became obsessed with War of the Worlds when I was 6 or 7, back in 1983, I think. My dad had the vinyl boxset of Jeff Wayne's War of the Worlds, and I used to spend hours looking at the book that came with it, with the artwork of the Martian tripods.

Pity about the recent Spielberg version; in my opinion a travesty. Martians underground for thousands of years? Talk about changing a book to cram in some special effects.

I do rather like the 'flying croissants' from the '50s American version, though.

I've not yet seen the Pendragon Pictures version, although it remains true to the novel, which is at least something...
        The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.
        Marcel Proust

Comment

i loved the "flying croissants" as well and my jeff wayne cd gets a regular playing
          speilbergs version was a bit dissapionting and no thunderchild!!!!
          jeff waynes versions are in concert over the country but tickets are stupid prices
          trying to locate a copy of pendragon pictures version

Comment

Re: Great old tv shows

Loved this a modern take on knights, kool, espceially after watching the glossy Ivanhoe with Robert Taylor and Elizabeth Taylor yesterday classic sunday afternoon film.

Comment

Working...
            X