I need help tracking down a track

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need help tracking down a track

Hi all, I'm new here, I was told that you guys might be able to help with tracking down a dance track that was out in the early nineties.

I don't have the title or the artist, although I'm pretty sure that the name of the artist started with "The"

OK, here is all I have to go on at the moment. I know it was out in the early nineties. It had a rather annoyingly catchy banjo riff in it that I'm informed was sampled from a Julian cope (or teardrop explodes) track. The only other thing I can remember about it is that the picture on the single (and if I remember correctly the video) had those blobby speakers that were regarded as really cool back then. Actually, it might have been this track that actually popularised them.

Please, please help if you can. It's been bugging me for ages.

Thanks in advance

Mark

You're in luck...

The song you are after is Swamp Thing, by The Grid. They were something of a one-hit band, although they did have a second, and minor, hit after Swamp Thing called something like Texas Cowboys.
    The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.
    Marcel Proust

Comment

Woot! Thanks very much for that. I can finally rest easy

Comment

To be fair, although Swamp Thing was their biggest commercial hit, The Grid had been about for donkeys years before that on the dance scene, and are still producing things under various names. Trivia: David Ball from the band first found success as the one who wasn't Marc Almond in Soft Cell

Comment

They produced "Your Lovin Arms" for Billy Ray Martin in 95 as well and even remixed a Sparks track (When do i Get To Sing My Way) in 94.

Great songs

Comment

Working...
          X