Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Sweeney

hi all,
    as a new member i was quite shocked at no mention of the sweeney, an absolute classic and fun for all ages.
    come on you guys how many of you kicked open toilet doors in school and roughed up and arrested unsuspecting tiolet users.

shut it you s***

cant say i done that myself maybe being a girl was why, but i was a bit more mature than that
    sigpic

Comment

got the sweeney song in my head now
      Do You Remember the 70s, 80s and 90s?
      http://www.DoYouRemember.co.uk

Comment

wow the sweeny forgot all about that one going have to look it up on ebay now
        THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE TRUST NO ONE

Comment

i actually can remember now boys running round saying shut it you s***
          No man is worth your tears - and the one who is wont make you cry!

Comment

The Sweeney

Currently watching the remastered boxset - it's what you would expect from a remaster...the picture and sound bring 70's London to life. Jack Regan is fast becoming an all-time favourite character of mine - the REAL Gene Hunt.
            Even though it's full of robberies, murder and crooks - I wish I could jump into the screen and live in these politically incorrect times - smoking everywhere, everywhere didn't look as "nice" as today with rubbish piled up and of course piles of empty cardboard boxes stacked up for no reason at all

Comment

Re: The Sweeney

I bought the box-set a few moths back (not sure if it was re-mastered) after seeing a few episodes on ITV4 during the day. Regan is just superb and very likable. I thougth season two was very strong with the episode, Country Boy being my favourite. This is the kind of Box-set that I'll just keep watching again and again. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

Comment

"Get yer trousers on! You're Nicked!"

My absolute favourite series! No question!! John Thaw and Dennis Waterman were THE double-act of the '70s (well, alongside Morecambe & Wise - who appeared in an episode of 'The Sweeney' - perhaps).

I have every series, plus the pilot 'Regan' and the two films (neither of which are as good as the series in my opinion, but still watchable), I also have the 'Shut It!' soundtrack CD, a couple of episode guides, the 3 Sweeney annuals from the late '70s and the model of the bronze Ford Consul 3.0 GT by Richmond Toys. So you could call me something of a fan.

I would have to agree that season two is probably the best, but each season has it's classic episodes. I like the description of the show being about Blags, Fags, Sl*gs and Jags (Jaguar S-Types often being used by the blaggers). The dialogue is usually spot on and I totally agree about the views of '70s London in those pre-1980s redevelopment years. Top drawer Guv.
                "We're the Sweeney son, and we haven't had any dinner!"

Comment

SHUT IT!!!!
                  I was watching it this afternoon (it was the one where the suspect should have been at a wedding rehearsal and the bride to be sneaks out of the house but with the old bag for a fusture mother in law I would have gladly done a few weeks in solitary).
                  WELCOME TO HELL!!!

Comment

Totally mad about the sweeney as a kid back in the seventies.Pure grit.They broke the mould after making this it's perfect for a good solid evening's entertainment.I like John Thaw in morse but it's a complete change in pace.
                    sigpic

Comment

one of the best TV programmes ever> Great storylines and brilliant realistic characters. Apart from the lack of traffic on the London streets it seems to have stood the test of time and not dated like say, Randall and Hopkirk

My mobile even has the theme tune as the ringtone.

Watch it Guv ee's got a shooter

Comment

Originally posted by Austin Maxi View Post
                        "Get yer trousers on! You're Nicked!"

My absolute favourite series! No question!! John Thaw and Dennis Waterman were THE double-act of the '70s (well, alongside Morecambe & Wise - who appeared in an episode of 'The Sweeney' - perhaps).

I have every series, plus the pilot 'Regan' and the two films (neither of which are as good as the series in my opinion, but still watchable), I also have the 'Shut It!' soundtrack CD, a couple of episode guides, the 3 Sweeney annuals from the late '70s and the model of the bronze Ford Consul 3.0 GT by Richmond Toys. So you could call me something of a fan.

I would have to agree that season two is probably the best, but each season has it's classic episodes. I like the description of the show being about Blags, Fags, Sl*gs and Jags (Jaguar S-Types often being used by the blaggers). The dialogue is usually spot on and I totally agree about the views of '70s London in those pre-1980s redevelopment years. Top drawer Guv.
                        The episode featuring Morcambe & Wise was filmed not far from where I live. In that episode M & W were appearing at The Lakeside Country Club in Frimley Green. In the early hours of the morning following the showing of that episode Lakeside Country Club was burnt to he ground.

Comment

Working...
                        X