Ovaltina

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ovaltina

Anyone else remember this great ad from, I believe, the 80s?
    I loved this song, especially the way they had 'ravinas' to rhyme with Ovaltina!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TytbYnlBz5A
    sigpic
    'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Re: Ovaltina

I remember them well- there were three of them, one featuring a steam locomotive that's run out of steam. Ovaltina solves the problem by tearing her cloak off and shoving it in the furnace, re-igniting the fire. Another one had three psychic investigators trapped by aggressive ghosts in a haunted mansion- she ties the spooks end to end like bedsheets, enabling the scientists to climb down them out of the window.
    The third one was racist and sparked a storm of complaints- some explorers had been caught by a cannibal tribe and were being cooked in a massive cauldron. The images of the natives were drawn to have a minimum of resemblance to African tribesmen, but even so they were still recognisable and the ad was withdrawn after only one showing. Good thing too- I could never understand how Ovaltine ever imagined they could get away with such a thing in the first place!!

Comment

I remember the train one well. It was her skirt she tore off.

Heres the Cannibal one:

http://youtu.be/SK6a7VXnisA

They look like those weird people from Poppye cartoons but a bit more fatter. Or a bit like Anchor Butter Men....in a way.
      Last edited by sf1378; 16-10-2011, 15:08.

Comment

I can remember sending away for an Ovaltine cup that played that tune when it was picked up
        Oh to be a kid again with a can of Top Deck on a hot summer day, now that would be good.

Comment

I remember that ovaltina advert with the train very well.I am sure i saw the cannibal one before it was plugged aswell.

Comment

Working...
          X