Clarks Shoes.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clarks Shoes.

There was a TV ad years ago. Where there was a little girl who said "My mummy says I`m a proper little madam" My dear mother loved this particular ad and laughed every time it was on. I think it was for Clarks Shoes. The ad was aired either late 60s or early 70s. Anyone remember it?

Re: Clarks Shoes.

I remember this ad! I did a bit of searching. Here's a link...

http://www.visit4info.com/advert/Cla...oe-Range/14582

Comment

Thank you so very much Marineboy, that has brought back some happy memories for me. Well done.

Comment

Glad to help. I don't often get in so quick with an answer! lol

Comment

Oh wow, can't believe that there's actually people out there that still remember this ad word for word. Can't believe it's been that long, clarks shoes are still one of the best shoes out there my grand children are wearing clarks shoes. I had my very own pair as well, they were one of the most comfortable shoes I ever wore, they don't make comfortable shoes anymore, it's all about style, and people actually wear uncomfortable shoes. Why? Apparently because, they look good. This is what my 16 year old grand daughter told me when we went Christmas shopping for shoes.

Comment

I wore Clarks many years ago, but these days, I tend to go to the cheaper shops. Clarks are very pricey.

I also recall a funny foot-measuring machine. Not the one in the ad, but a metal rectangle that you put your foot into. Other metal blocks would slide towards the sides of your foot, and towards your toes and heal. I recall, as 6 year old, being terrified my foot would be squashed!

Comment

I myself always had Clarks Shoes, as you say they are so comfortable. Although a tad expensive now. I am glad I am not a parent with a young child, having to keep them in shoes this day and age.

Comment

Originally posted by Marine Boy View Post
                I wore Clarks many years ago, but these days, I tend to go to the cheaper shops. Clarks are very pricey.

I also recall a funny foot-measuring machine. Not the one in the ad, but a metal rectangle that you put your foot into. Other metal blocks would slide towards the sides of your foot, and towards your toes and heal. I recall, as 6 year old, being terrified my foot would be squashed!
                I remember that machine!! It scared me the first time i was put on it! Clarks shoes aren't the same quality that they were imo. Most of them are made overseas now and the leather quality isn't the same. Also their fitting system isn't good for kids feet. I manage a shoe shop and we use the Hush Puppy system. A much better fitting shoe imo!!
                Heaven knows I'm miserable now.

Comment

I remember this so well a metal rectangle that you put your foot into.
                  Other metal blocks would slide towards the sides of your foot, and towards your toes and heal.

i thought it kind of strange but i liked the way they measured your feet for shoes.

What clarks are made overseas when did this start happening and why.

yes clarks shoes where pricey but they where worth every penny.
                  they where comfortable and beautifully made.

i just loved the smell of new shoes from clarks.
                  For me they where the best makers in shoes.
                  Last edited by darren; 04-07-2012, 12:14.
                  FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
                    I remember this so well a metal rectangle that you put your foot into.
                    Other metal blocks would slide towards the sides of your foot, and towards your toes and heal.

i thought it kind of strange but i liked the way they measured your feet for shoes.

What clarks are made overseas when did this start happening and why.

yes clarks shoes where pricey but they where worth every penny.
                    they where comfortable and beautifully made.

i just loved the smell of new shoes from clarks.
                    For me they where the best makers in shoes.
                    Daz, you really need to improve your typing skills...sincerely.

Stuckinthe80s - whats the 'Hush Puppy system' then?

Comment

Originally posted by Krazy View Post
                      There was a TV ad years ago. Where there was a little girl who said "My mummy says I`m a proper little madam" My dear mother loved this particular ad and laughed every time it was on. I think it was for Clarks Shoes. The ad was aired either late 60s or early 70s. Anyone remember it?
                      Lol, the girl looked like a cross between Felicity Kendal and Terry Scott....

Comment

i wore clarks shoes as a child........my children wore clarks too ...........it's a brand that has stood the test of time

Comment

I remember having Clarks & Start Rite, & possibly K-Shoes when I was young.
                          The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

My sister and I had Clarks. I had Clarks COMMANDO's for school...My bought Clarks of K - Shoes or boots a lot too...M & S's shoes for men and women are made by Clarks, have been for years but they label them as M & S brandwear...

Comment

Clarks used to have a factory just off station road in Warminster.Used to walk past it every day.They gradually downsized by bringing more parts in from other plants abroad then eventually closed the place.Must of closed it some 10 years ago or more now.Quite a blow for the town and the surrounding area.They were one of the main employers.They lost a lot of support after that.
                              We dug a little bit of an old rubbish tip looking for old bottles on the outskirts of town.That tip had a of seam of ladys shoe heels about a meter thick in all colours of the rainbow and nothing else running through it.Must of been dumped there in the 50's or 60's.I did not know high heels could be so pointed or dangerous,lol.

As a child getting measured for a pair of Clarks shoes was a rare treat.Rather expensive shoes.I had a pair but they were for special occations only like weddings etc.

Comment

Working...
                              X