a challenge for you

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a challenge for you

i challenge anybody to tell me or find out what this show is!! its driving me crazy and nobody can help me.
    heres the hazy info: shown on bbc or itv, possibly australian, childrens tv show, not sure of the year it was on but probably between 89 at the earliest and 95 at the very latest.
    a boy goes to a shopping center and meets a manaquin or robot (?) it comes alive and speaks to him, there is some kind of electronic magic pin badge involved. he goes to another dimension or world where i think most of the people there are under some kind of evil rule. there is a force field or atmosphere around the world, i think it was purple and cloudy and swirly and scary! there is a rock embankment to stop people from climbing up and falling into the forcefield.

if somebody could help i would be very greatful!!

Re: a challenge for you

I accept your challenge.
    The show was called Finders Keepers (otherwise known as The Finder) and was about a boy named Patrick who was invited to appear on a game show across a time barrier. He had to go back to his side of the barrier (with the badge that beeped when he was near his find). The clock in the shopping centre was known as a timekeeper it didn't speak to him though. However the presenter on the game show, Lucky Lamont, was a robot so maybe that's where you got that bit from. The barrier was like a purple sky and there were barrier guards (in orange uniforms) who would throw lost items back through the barrier (e.g. keys, socks etc - explains how you lose your socks in the dryer) There were 10 episodes shown on channel 4 in around 1991 and they were based on the 2 books by Emily Rodda called Finders Keepers and The Timekeeper.
    I too spent years searching for these and no-one had a clue what I was talking about and thought I had gone mad. I striked lucky when I found an Austrailian TV network (ABC) and the synopsis gave me the answer I was looking for. I bought the series from a company called Maxwells from Down Under for around $125 incl. shipping, expensive but worth it. I have made a few copies of this on DVD for people if you are interested. Drop me an email at bonjovi 1 _ 2004 @ yahoo . co . uk without the spaces if you are.

Comment

Don't hold your breath liane - that was posted over a year ago and they haven't been back to the Forum since September 2006 !!

Well done for sussing it though
      Joybee - DYR SUPERGRAN !!
      <<< why not visit our main website

Comment

yeah that figures. Trust me not to look at the date and for trying to show off I guess. LOL.

Comment

Working...
        X