vague memories... been driving me nuts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vague memories... been driving me nuts

i have these vague memories about a story i read in one the the girly annuals (Bunty, Judy, Misty etc) every time i hear or read about tea party's and china dolls i get this terrible feeling of deja vu! i can almost see some victorian girls (or maybe dolls) in my minds eye, but after that it goes a bit fuzzy.....
    the problem is this... i spent a lot of time at my grandparents house and they had annuals belonging to my aunts that went back to the early 60s, so the story i read could have been printed anytime between 1960-1990. it could have been any annual inc jinty, tammy, diana and debbie! any ideas would be most welcome
    ty

Re: vague memories... been driving me nuts

I don't know about victorian dolls Angie but I have vague memories of a story I think was called the Dolly Dolls. It was about 4 or 5 dolls who lived in this doll's house. I remember one was a ballerina - think she was 'Dancer Doll'.....another one had a cropped short 60's style haircut and wore a flared trouser suit. She was called Dolly Doll. I've a feeling I liked her best. Whatever comic or annual they were in I can't recall. I do remember there was a page where you cut out their pictures, there were two holes to cut out that you stuck your fingers through to make them walk or dance.

I've a good memory for which comics ran which stories but this one eludes me. It wasn't in a comic that I got regularly, I've a feeling it was in an annual I had at some stage that I only had one edition of (only odd ones I remember having were Schoolfriend, Diana and Pink). I know it wasn't in Mandy, Bunty, Jinty, Judy or Misty. There's a small chance it was in Twinkle but I doubt it. I'd love to know if anyone else remembers it.

Comment

Working...
    X