Children Given Old Technology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Children Given Old Technology

I just saw this and thought you might like it. Some French children were given old technology to look at. I have no idea what the pumpy thing on the top of the 8-track player is myself.

Re: Children Given Old Technology

I have a Pioneer hi-fi separates stack dating back to the mid 90s. After watching the way they handled those records, my daughter is not allowed anywhere near it.
    "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER"

Comment

Tres Bon, et merci Techno.

Comment

Wonder what a fourteen year old kid'd do if they weere to be put in front of an 8 bit computer with tape player to load up the games (and the waiti), the joystick and the graphics?
        Probably not know what to do.
        WELCOME TO HELL!!!

Comment

"It's an old CD!" for a record. I like it.
          1976 Vintage

Comment

Originally posted by Techno View Post
            I just saw this and thought you might like it. Some French children were given old technology to look at. I have no idea what the pumpy thing on the top of the 8-track player is myself.

The "pumpy thing" is the selector switch for the Panasonic Dynamite 8 from 1975. I remember the commercials for it featuring Jimmie "JJ" Walker.

Comment

I talk to my 18 and 21 year old about vinyl albums and tapes and they look at me totally bewildered...........they don't even have a cd between them........all on their ipods

I must be a dinosaur lol

Comment

I read a great log from a kid who had been given a walkman - they had never even seen a cassette! Having to rewind something was shocking to them.

Remember getting in to CDs, now I don't even own a CD player any more. Thanks for making me feel old thread!

Comment

Kids these days have all the mod cons now, i remember when getting a VHS cassette from somwhere like Global Video or Blockbusters where there would be a little sticker in the case that said "Please rewind the video before returning!"
                  If it's lasted this long, it's worth keeping!

Comment

Working...
                  X