1980's - BMX Bi-Weekly magazine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1980's - BMX Bi-Weekly magazine

Just found this site showing copies of a magazine I used to get in the early 80's.
    I used to look through and wish I was as good on my Raleigh Burner.
    Anybody else ever read this?

http://bmx-recollection.com/TestBMX%...20Weekly).html
    sigpic

Re: 1980's - BMX Bi-Weekly magazine

Oh yes Paulos, I used to get this from about 82 until 84, dreaming of owning the bikes and taking part in the races. I ended up with a cheapo bmx that actually had decent lightweight wheels but was a make nobody had ever heard of.
    The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

Thanks for the great post Paulos! Some amazing memories here - just seen the Kuwahara which I'd totally forgot about

Cheers!

Comment

I also used to read "BMX Action Bike" which later became R.A.D (Read And Destroy).

Comment

Yeah, BMX Action Bike was my fave mag of those times too... read it from issue 1 all the way through to when they had that first skateboard pullout - at that time, I'd got rather bored of BMX and it had stagnated quite a bit, and switched to skating, which was new and exciting and had a different aesthetic to the pastel perfect white freestyle BMX thing - it was more edgy, grungy, grey and a bit more dangerous... I skated for many years after that switch...

I wish they had more of those issues scanned - I think my parents chucked mine out decades ago...

Comment

Can't remember which BMX mag I read at the time but it was about 1984/85 and I used to look through the ads which offered the invidivual bicycle parts and assemble my perfect dream bike. I never had a BMX bike though and had to settle for a Grifter untill I got a drop-handle bar bike for my 14th birthday.

Comment

Here's a pic of mt bro giving me a backie round the garden on some stunt pegs on my Raleigh Burner GS from back in the day.

Comment

I used to be an avid reader of the BMX magazines as well. I had a Raleigh Ultra Burner similar to the one shown in Mulletino's picture except the colour was different (blue and yellow)

Comment

Working...
                X