Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Children's Book with a little black pig?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Children's Book with a little black pig?

Hi all

I've been trying to remember the title of a book I read when I was little. I think I would have been about 6, which would place it around 1980 when I read it, but of course it could have been published some years before. All I remember is that there were 2 young children, a brother and sister, who went for a picnic by a stream (possibly while on holiday in the countryside). While they were paddling in the stream, they became frightened by some rustling noises coming from a bush in the nearby hedgerow. Before they could investigate, a little black pig trotted out and ate some of the picnic! They followed the little pig to its home, an old cottage, where they met his owner, an elderly woman. They all became firm friends. I think that was chapter 1, or 1 & 2, I can't remember the rest of the story!

I've searched for children's books with titles including the words 'pig' 'little pig' and little black pig' but nothing so far. I have a vague memory of the front cover showing the siblings standing in the stream looking at the pig eating their picnic, with the cottage roof just showing over the hedge in the background. I think the girl may have been wearing a yellow dress. I thought it may be a Ladybird book, but I've not been able to find it in their archives.

Does this ring a bell with anyone? Can anyone help?? Please?????!
    -------------------
    ForgetfulOne
Working...
X