Hair styles you've had???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hair styles you've had???

A style that was in when I was 15 was called the 'Feather Cut', it was a style that was shaped from the top into the neck in layers and then longer hair at the bottom!.
    My friend had it done and mentioned the name of the hairdressers, so off I went and asked for the same feather cut that Sue had, the hairdresser remembered and sat me down!..
    Then!....SNIP, a huge chunk of my half way down my back hair went!..I nearly couldn't breathe when I asked her to stop!..Unknown to me there was a short feather cut and a long one, and ironically (sue was a common known name) the customer that she had recently done this style on was also called sue and she assumed that was the style I wanted!..
    My mum hit the roof when I went home and saw all my long hair had gone!.

Comment

Originally posted by Marcella View Post
      My mum hit the roof when I went home and saw all my long hair had gone!.
      AGAIN!
      and it had only just grown back after the hedgehog incident!

Comment

I was only around 9 when I got the hedgehog look due to the chain on my three-wheeler trike, this latest was when I was 15!..

Me and my hair!..lol

Comment

Actually in the mid 80s I had this cut that was shorter on top and long at the back, with blonde highlights. My photo appeared in the Local paper for something I was involved in at the time and a guy took the photo to the same salon I went to. he wanted his doing like mine, The girl said "Oh! I did his hair here too" to him. So I have been a model for hair I suppose. Incidentally the hairdresser was Robert Palmer's niece.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	img012.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	21.0 KB
ID:	259852

This is the worst hairstyle I ever had! It was 1979.
            sigpic
            'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Comment

Were you arrested for having that hair cut? looks like a police mugshot
              The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

I know what you mean, Mike. It's a ghastly pic!
                sigpic
                'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Comment

in the early 80s i had streaked blonde hair banana cut simon le bon haircut
                  85 onwards i had long black hair with a white streak dave vanian hairstyle
                  The Damned

Comment

When i was a teen my mother used to cut my hair and that of my brothers.She'd give us what we called "The Egyptian Cut" ... Later i had hair right down my back.Not on my head but down my back .ahahahahahhahaha....just kidding but yeah, i did have long hair way past my shoulders.

Comment

I tried to grow a pony tail once (yeuch!) but my hair is wavy so it curled up, it was ridiculous.

My hair is so thick and wavy that there is not much can done with it. I realised after a while that I wasn't getting what I asked for in the barbers because the barber was being diplomatic and just not telling me "it can't be done".

I had it done at a professional salon a few times and they turned it into a Rick Astley style with wax and everything, I really liked it actually. If it ever comes back into fashion I might do it again...

Comment

Well, I've had a purdy cut then I had the massive fringe swept over to one side, held with hairspray,
                        then :
                        a wedge
                        a wedge with a little ponytail at the side (why??) which someone cut off at youth club
                        a typical 80's perm
                        a crop (like madonna's in her Cherish video0
                        then long with another perm
                        a disastrous attempt to straigten it led to another crop
                        grew it a bit longer
                        had flicks at the botttom
                        cropped it again
                        now shoulder length and bright red

I've had it dark brown,light brown black, blonde, red I like it red best

If I could have any of those again it would be my early 90's spiral type perm. lol.
                        ...chilli...

Comment

When i was young i had very curly hair.

then i had a near skin head.

i dont get it cut for at least 2 yrs at a time.
                          my hair has nit been cut since august 2008.
                          not really a hair style but i let my hair grow very long indeed.

what actually is your real hair colour.chilli?
                          FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
                            When i was young i had very curly hair.

then i had a near skin head.

i dont get it cut for at least 2 yrs at a time.
                            my hair has nit been cut since august 2008.
                            not really a hair style but i let my hair grow very long indeed.

what actually is your real hair colour.chilli?
                            A very mousy brown. So boring!
                            ...chilli...

Comment

when i was aged between 14-18 i let my hair grow and it was virtually down to bottom of my spine {heavy metal fan bigtime} got a job interview at local factory so went and got a no.4 all over and even my mates who worked in factory didnt notice me

Comment

When I was quite young, mine was long and straight with a fringe, then I saw a model in a Revlon lipstick ad on the back of the Tv Times I think with a long bob. My sister told me it was a Page Boy. I pestered my mother for one and she took me to the hairdressers who gave me a short Purdyish Page Boy. I was sorely disappointed. I grew it out but caught nits and was dragged back to the hairdressers to get it all chopped off again.

It eventually grew and when I was about 14 when it was shoulder length I got it layered. My brothers said I looked like that guitarist in Van Halen wearing the yellow jacket.........

I had a long perm in the early 90's, which destroyed my hair...dried it out and it became really fine. I progressed to the Rachel later on and have had variations of it since.

Comment

Working...
                                X