Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 80sChav
    replied
    Re: What were your favourite 80s clothes?

Originally posted by nohab View Post
    I love the jumbo cords and i had three maby four pairs of them, also got wide wale cords i diden have any jeans until i was 16.

I never had Cords (may-be 1 pair) pair but loved my Farrar's and Farrar type Trousers. If I saw some Cords (though it'd have to be at a Car boot Sale or Charity Shop) I'd buy them straight away, but sadly the only decent shop that used to do them was Greenwoods (and as Greenwoods left my town years since) as well too that Cords shrink badly in the wash I'd not know where to find decent ones these day's, but yea without doubt their longievty still exists I think!

80sChav

Leave a comment:

• 80sChav
    replied

I was'nt that much into fashion in the 1980s but if I had to select a few items I'd pick the Original kind of Tracksuits hat was like a Tracksuit Jumper (the likes that Lizzy on TV:Am wore) and made popular and the Piano Ties that a lot of Pop Stars made popular

Del Boy on OFAH in-particular once or twice wore this lovely (though some may term it horrid) Grey and Red Tie that reminded me (and still does) of the Northumberland Bus Company Livery of the day .... though I've always liked Pastuaral Colours and faint Autumn ones been a main reason to me liking unusual Colour Schemes I think - why I'm unsure though why!!

80sChav

Leave a comment:

• darren
    replied

joe bloggs t shirts i remember i had a green and black one joe bloggs in back.

Leave a comment:

• nohab
    replied

I only got corduroy pants at that time, i liked the wide wale and the jumbo cords best. The thin wale make so much noise and the wide one was softer.

Leave a comment:

• darren
    replied

i loved shell suits i had a black green and white one.

Leave a comment:

• nohab
    replied

I love the jumbo cords and i had three maby four pairs of them, also got wide wale cords i diden have any jeans until i was 16.

Leave a comment:

• Trickyvee
    replied

Oh no! It was bad enough on the 'right' side! Mine was blue on that side with red little dogs on a white background on the other side. I loved it.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Haha Tricky - I'll admit I did wear mine on reverse, as I loved the small dogs print on that side.

Leave a comment:

• Trickyvee
    replied

Ha ha! I too had the reversible 101 dalmations jumper - of course you NEVER wore it on the reverse side.
    other things...

Chino skirt
    Pods
    Pepe 'Betty' stone wash jeans with Pepe keyring
    Fluorescent yellow blouse from Tammy Girl worn with fluorescent pink socks and fluoescent pink and white striped T-shirt
    Levi 501 T-shirt
    Ripped jeans with sewn on Bros patches
    T-shirt with rubber Bros image on the front from the T shirt print shop
    Ear muffs
    Campri ski jacket
    Ghost Busters track suit with big glow in the dark Ghost Busters logo from Presto
    Putting plastic beads on my trainer laces
    jellybean mac
    kid's size kitten heel shoes from Mansfield's
    Lumberjack shirt

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Thanks for reminding me of my lovely 101 Dalmations reversible sweatshirt - I loved that top, was lovely and warm.
    I had a lovely pair of navy blue Knickerbockers for dressy occasions - early 80's.
    An orange ra-ra skirt - each tier was a different shade - early 80's
    Loved my purple jumpsuit, had a royal blue one too, but it wasn't as comfy - mid 80's.
    Dusky pink checked party dress, which had a netted underskirt to give it more a full look - it was from C&A, mid 80's.
    Ski jackets from C&A - had a pearlesent purple, royal blue one and a pink one - late 80's.
    Black Shellsuit with yellow and green stripes - very late 80's.
    Various jogging suits.
    White sweatshirt with 'Neighbours' logo on it.
    Bermuda shorts in black with fluoresent shapes all over them - v. late 80's/early 90's.
    A blue glittery snood - mid to late 80's from Mckay's (now m&co).

Leave a comment:

• branny
    replied

Originally posted by moonvisage View Post
    i still have a pair of levi 501's from when they were the craze.
    still got several pairs from the 80s and can still get in em (just).

Leave a comment:

• moonvisage
    replied

i still have a pair of levi 501's from when they were the craze.

Leave a comment:

• mazzer
    replied

I dearly regret getting rid of my beautiful white "pirate" frilly blouse from Chelsea Girl - I kept it for YEARS after the fashion had moved on, out of sentimentality, got rid in a tidying fit when moving and have regretted it ever since. I wore it with aubergine-coloured baggy sateen trousers, a silk scarf for a sash around my waist, my black pixie boots that I wore til they fell apart, and more often than not a headband of some description. All with too much make-up of course, and back-combed hair. Thought I was the bees knees.

The other cherished item of clothing was a pair of skintight black jeans, even more so when the knees went and my dad - a tailor - sewed black leather patches on to the knees, they were rectangular and ran across the knees from seam to seam - again, I was the dogs' in those, usually worn with a huge bloke's sweater and a black corduroy fisherman's peaked hat (like the one Nick Heyward from Haircut 100 wore), or else with a white linen vest when out dancing.

Final relic from my 80's days - which I still have! - is an old black shift dress that had been my mum's. It has hanging black beads on it, and looked fab with fishnet tights and court shoes. When my hair wasn't backcombed it was a wedge like Joanne Catherall from the Human League. I was the spit of Shaz from Ashes To Ashes for a while.

Leave a comment:

• steveffisher
    replied

Oh dear God. I had a pair of white Pierre Cardin men's boots. I had seen a picture of Ralf Hutter from Kraftwerk with a pair, and I just HAD to get some.

I was the laughing stock of the entire planet.

Leave a comment:

• branny
    replied

petrol and wine two tone tonics. Wish you could still get em today and a brown leather flying jacket with "Moon over Miami" print on the back. Loved that jacket.

Some of the things i wore in the 80's - Adidas Samoa, Lendl Court, Puma Tiriac, Kickers, Energy jumbo cords, Second image and Dollar drainpipe jeans, aforementioned two tones (also in beige/navy and wine/black), some hideous checked jeans, ski jumper, Y cardigan, Atlanta falcons NFL (teabag) shirt, fred perry polo's, slazenger junpers, black jacket with paisley lining (for sleeves rolled up), many hideous printed shirts, DM mocassins, chino's, blazer, 501's, fishtail parka, adidas coat, grey leather jacket with suede sleeves, ski coat and one of those that looked like you were wearing boiler insulation
    Last edited by branny; 11-10-2009, 16:49.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X