No announcement yet.

What were your favourite 80s clothes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What were your favourite 80s clothes?

Ha ha! I too had the reversible 101 dalmations jumper - of course you NEVER wore it on the reverse side.
    other things...

Chino skirt
    Pods
    Pepe 'Betty' stone wash jeans with Pepe keyring
    Fluorescent yellow blouse from Tammy Girl worn with fluorescent pink socks and fluoescent pink and white striped T-shirt
    Levi 501 T-shirt
    Ripped jeans with sewn on Bros patches
    T-shirt with rubber Bros image on the front from the T shirt print shop
    Ear muffs
    Campri ski jacket
    Ghost Busters track suit with big glow in the dark Ghost Busters logo from Presto
    Putting plastic beads on my trainer laces
    jellybean mac
    kid's size kitten heel shoes from Mansfield's
    Lumberjack shirt
    1976 Vintage

Comment

Haha Tricky - I'll admit I did wear mine on reverse, as I loved the small dogs print on that side.

Comment

Oh no! It was bad enough on the 'right' side! Mine was blue on that side with red little dogs on a white background on the other side. I loved it.
        1976 Vintage

Comment

I love the jumbo cords and i had three maby four pairs of them, also got wide wale cords i diden have any jeans until i was 16.

Comment

i loved shell suits i had a black green and white one.
            FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

I only got corduroy pants at that time, i liked the wide wale and the jumbo cords best. The thin wale make so much noise and the wide one was softer.

Comment

joe bloggs t shirts i remember i had a green and black one joe bloggs in back.

Comment

I was'nt that much into fashion in the 1980s but if I had to select a few items I'd pick the Original kind of Tracksuits hat was like a Tracksuit Jumper (the likes that Lizzy on TV:Am wore) and made popular and the Piano Ties that a lot of Pop Stars made popular

Del Boy on OFAH in-particular once or twice wore this lovely (though some may term it horrid) Grey and Red Tie that reminded me (and still does) of the Northumberland Bus Company Livery of the day .... though I've always liked Pastuaral Colours and faint Autumn ones been a main reason to me liking unusual Colour Schemes I think - why I'm unsure though why!!

80sChav

Comment

Originally posted by nohab View Post
                    I love the jumbo cords and i had three maby four pairs of them, also got wide wale cords i diden have any jeans until i was 16.

I never had Cords (may-be 1 pair) pair but loved my Farrar's and Farrar type Trousers. If I saw some Cords (though it'd have to be at a Car boot Sale or Charity Shop) I'd buy them straight away, but sadly the only decent shop that used to do them was Greenwoods (and as Greenwoods left my town years since) as well too that Cords shrink badly in the wash I'd not know where to find decent ones these day's, but yea without doubt their longievty still exists I think!

80sChav

Comment

Most of the 80's saw me in jeans and a moldy old leather jacket which eventually fell apart and ended up being stapled together. When I married it all changed. Gosh I miss that jacket

Comment

i never wore jeans still dont.

but i love cords something i still wear up till recently i cant find any.
                        i wore lots of joe bloggs t shirts.
                        lots of shell suits and trainers.
                        tracksuit bottoms.

always loose fiting clothes i alwys wore t shirts that where at least a size bigger than i needed

Comment

I am certainly the opposite to you.
                          Mum brought me a few pairs of cord trousers in the late 70's early 80's.Just did not get on with them. Colors like pale blue and purple and plum (gagging here with bulging eyes). Hated the feel of the material. I hardly wore the things only when pressured to do so when we were going out (screaming in my case).NOT COOL. Our RE teacher at school wore either a green swede or brown cord jacket. That was reason enough not to wear the material.
                          Never got on with tracksuits either.
                          Trainers were ok, but I lived in jeans and still do. They seemed to be one of the few items of clothing that survived when I was a kid and I still see them as hard wearing.

Comment

I still love my denims the boot cut style I wear now,no trainers but boots in winter and loafers in summer

Comment

Loads of t shirts as well most were just plain t shirts.
                              Mainly joe
                              bloggs ones loved them so many different colours and designs.
                              I liked loose fitt
                              ing clothes had to be a size or 2 bigger than i needed.

Comment

Members Only jackets even though I never had one.

Comment

Working...
                                X