Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Does anyone remember vintage clothes shop, Covent Garden

Originally posted by sixtyten View Post
    It's not the same since it moved round the corner onto Westgate Road. IMO!
    Heaven knows I'm miserable now.

Comment

it was called "flip"

Comment

Yes I do remember FLIP UK and PAUL WOLF. Long Acre Store. Beautiful Bags, rock'n roll music, "Hello Flip" we used say........I will always remember FLIP and Paul. If you were once FLIP stuff, please contact me.

Very sad news
        PAUL WOLF passed away in JULY 2011

Comment

I used to walk past the big grafitti Flip sign on my way to work along Grainger St in Newcastle but never headed up Westgate to find it. The website now advertises it as original American clothing so perhaps it has changed over the years.
          1976 Vintage

Comment

Originally posted by Izumi View Post
            Yes I do remember FLIP UK and PAUL WOLF. Long Acre Store. Beautiful Bags, rock'n roll music, "Hello Flip" we used say........I will always remember FLIP and Paul. If you were once FLIP stuff, please contact me.

Very sad news
            PAUL WOLF passed away in JULY 2011
            That is sad to hear of Paul's passing...used to go to the Curtain Road shop in London E1 so many times in the early 1980s...great for Army Greens and Ivy League jackets...Covent Garden was a bit pricey ands the Kings Road one was even pricier...the real bargains were in E1...a sadly missed part of my youth...

Comment

Originally posted by honeypie View Post
              Hi 80's girl, i don't know about convent garden but i know there was a Flips in Certain Road, Old Street near Petticoat Lane did you ever visit there. Or do you know if they still exist anymore!!
              Paul Wolf was one of the most influentual extraordinary person I have ever met. He shaped and twisted me. I have stories that are beyond exaggeration that I will tell till I die. I always think of him he was a special man. RIP with love John Beach x

Comment

I appreciate this thread is pretty dormant, but if anyone's interested I recently did an audio documentary feature on Flip Clothing Newcastle. Paul Wolf gets a mention too.

https://soundcloud.com/christianalle...-flip-clothing

Thanks.

Comment

Hi Izumi
                  Just Found on Internet.
                  How are you?
                  I still think of Paul.
                  Naomi

Comment

I've just found this site I got to know Paul Wolf at his Curtain road shop I got to know someone who knew his partner. What happened next I cannot say even today But Paul and me became The best of friends I was interested in selling his clothes
                    I made a great impression on Paul His large character came as a shock to me He offered me the post of manager Covent shop I didn't believe him on my next visit i was told he was serious
                    as i had my own shop selling his products
                    I visited his shop on Melrose LA Paul did visit my store in York On Xmas DAY I was closed he left a card next meet up he told me he had brought a new car and gave it a test drive to see me
                    I lost track of him Till now Am sad at his passing
                    Geoff

Comment

I loved flip in Newcastle in the 80s, unique gear from the US .
                      prices were quite good as I recall.

Comment

Hi 80'sgirl

I do indeed remember Flip in Covent Garden.
                        If you were walking down Long Acre in the direction of St Martin's Lane it was on the right hand hand side .
                        I bought two quite hefty fleecy lined lumberjack shirts in 1980, how much I paid for them I really can't remember.

They certainly stood me in good stead, we had a cold snap that winter, plenty of snow shortly before Christmas.
                        All very festive!

​​​​

Comment

Great shop went there loads! Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7910.jpg
Views:	500
Size:	66.5 KB
ID:	289044
                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                          X