Fave Sweeties,and sweets that should be brought back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fave Sweeties,and sweets that should be brought back

Can't recall the nunch at all, although I would have bought one as I love anything peanuty..(see any american bar)
    The advantage we have over the Yanks is the chocolate.
    American Choc is pants ..thin and waxy, never melts in the mouth like UK choc.
    but the advantage they have is 99.9% of US bars are peanut based.

I've said it before & I'll say it again..WHEN will they make a UK version of the divine Butterfinger, but with Cadburys choc coating it??
    Last edited by Heather74; 07-10-2007, 00:34.

Comment

I had Cadbury's Cherry Ripe when in Australia - LOVELY a bit like Cabana bars i guess as they're cherry coconut wrapped in milk choc.
      I remember the name Cabana but don't know if I ever tried it

Comment

You can get Cherry Ripe in The Cybercandy stores (London/Brighton)

Comment

Cherry Ripes are actually dark chocolate. That's probably why I don't care for them too much. Not into coconut much either.
          "Ah, nostalgia ain't what it used to be..."

Comment

Its called gold nugget bubble gum lol Do a google search for it and see what happens ! I found sweet tobacco, toffos and parmaviolets.

I remember a couple of years ago that they brought back the texan bar for a few months, they even had it in woolies and tescos.

Comment

Originally posted by Lozza View Post
              Oh my god, Texan bars!! I loved them! DOes anyone remember the small bags of bubble gum shaped like gold nuggets? Can't remember what they called...probably something really obvious like golden nuggets!!!
              Did they come in a little yellow draw string bag? (small bits of nuggets yummy)!
              BAGPUSS!

Comment

The story that went around our school was that the reason that Space Dust got taken off the shelves was because some kid had given some to his dog...and the dog died.
                Probably not true.

DYR Toblerone in boxes ?
                Again in our school people used to say that Sir Issac Newton had a Toblerone on his table on the back of an old One Pound Note
                I've just bought a house. It's got a Buck Rogers Toilet. One yank, all gone!"

Comment

Originally posted by Monkey Tennis View Post
                  DYR Toblerone in boxes ?
                  Yeah, I had one a couple of weeks ago.
                  "Ah, nostalgia ain't what it used to be..."

Comment

Does anyone remember the Chocolate tools () that used to be on sale, they weren't in packets, also there was chocolate fish n' chips and mice.

Again also does anyone remember the fish n' chips crisps ?? I think they were made by Smith's or Burton's, sort of a biscuit, sort of a crisp.
                    I've just bought a house. It's got a Buck Rogers Toilet. One yank, all gone!"

Comment

I remember White Chocolate Fish and Chips and brown chocolate tools.( The tools are mentioned in the Defunct sweet thread) The Burtons Fish and chips a packet is posted by Daz on the crisps thread see page 11.

Last edited by Heather74; 23-02-2008, 19:27.
                      Heather

Comment

I used to love those chocolate tools lol!
                        Those mint cracknel bars with the green glass-like stuff inside were great.
                        I also remember a lovely chocolate milk ice lolly but can't remember the name, it was about the same shape and size as a Smashers lolly.

When I was really small I remember a red boiled sweet lolly in a cellophane wrapper, flat and oval shaped with white swirled through it. they were gorgeous!

Comment

Originally posted by Oggy View Post
                          What sweets/treats do you remember....?

1. Galaxy Counters- similar to Minstrals
                          2. Texan-legendary bar.
                          3. Sweet Tobacco
                          4. Pink Panther pink chocolate bar.
                          5. Walls Sky Ray ice lollies.
                          6. A Dracula ice lolly with black ice, and inner red jelly, supposely blood, not sure what it was called though.
                          7. Corona pop-Loved the apple/cider drink.
                          8. A Dalek Death Ray? Ice Lolly
                          I think they should bring back Keeko's and Top Deck Shandy. Many a hot summers day as a kid were spent with one or the other. Happy days
                          Oh to be a kid again with a can of Top Deck on a hot summer day, now that would be good.

Comment

Originally posted by Fatboy View Post
                            I think they should bring back Keeko's and Top Deck Shandy. Many a hot summers day as a kid were spent with one or the other. Happy days
                            I used to love their Lager and Lime. I'm sure they did a cider based one too.
                            Laugh and the world laughs with you.
                            But do it all the time and they will lock you away.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Morcar View Post
                              I used to love their Lager and Lime. I'm sure they did a cider based one too.

Are you not thinking of Top Deck shandy? I agree they were lovely. The Keeko's used to come in cartons.
                              Oh to be a kid again with a can of Top Deck on a hot summer day, now that would be good.

Comment

Does anyone remember the wham bars,it was pink with little bits like space dust stuck in it and when u bit into it,it made ur mouth all funny,i think they was in a blue wrapper.
                                Can u still get sherbet dip dabs(if that's what they were called)a piece of liquorice in sherbet in a long orange tube

Comment

Working...
                                X