X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• George 1978
    replied
    Re: The most beautiful place you have visited

Australia is nice at this time of year - where do you think all the sunshine and heatwaves go when it is dark and cold in Great Britain?

Leave a comment:

• tex
    replied

Originally posted by Nuggy14 View Post
    I've just spent 10 days in Australia visiting friends, it was beautiful! One of my friends renewed his wedding vows with his wife while we were there, such a beautiful country and I'm going back in the new year! ☺
    Lovely....my daughter and her new husband returned from Australia recently (honeymoon) they also said it was beautiful

Leave a comment:

• Danniella
    replied

I've just spent 10 days in Australia visiting friends, it was beautiful! One of my friends renewed his wedding vows with his wife while we were there, such a beautiful country and I'm going back in the new year! ☺

Leave a comment:

• George 1978
    replied

I don't think it counts if a person lives in the same place of course - certainly doesn't count as far as I am concerned.

Leave a comment:

• amethyst
    replied

In the UK it has to be Shaldon just a stone throw away from Teignmouth Devon.Its lovely there on a nice summers day

Leave a comment:

• George 1978
    replied

Bournemouth - no doubt about it. The lovely sea view of the English Channel as viewed from the balcony of my hotel room, not to mention the annual Air Festival - who needs the Costa del Sol?

Leave a comment:

• darren
    replied

DUNLUCE CASTLE CO ANTRIM

THE CASTLE WAS C S LEWIS'S INSPIRATION FOR K PARAVEL CASTLE FROM CHRONICLES OF NARNIA.

Leave a comment:

• Cartimand
    replied

Good call for Rhodes - was there in July 2017, during the earthquake, which was quite an experience!

For sheer beauty though. I reckon Rhodes is pipped by Santorini :

Click image for larger version

Name:	PSX_20190318_122352.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	95.2 KB
ID:	262754

Leave a comment:

• zabadak
    replied

Originally posted by victorbrunswick View Post
    Has anybody been to Venice? It's one of my bucket list destinations.
    Yes. My friends and I did a tour of northern Italy and spent a few hours there. Very nice!

Leave a comment:

• victorbrunswick
    replied

Has anybody been to Venice? It's one of my bucket list destinations.

Leave a comment:

• Zincubus
    replied

Originally posted by Albaugh33 View Post
    More Greece.. We visited Peloponnese with my family when I was 7 and as I remember, it had the most gorgeous beaches and the clearest water I've ever seen. I've been there again 2 years ago, it was more developed of course but the beaches and the water was still the same, it was unbelievable. Since then my biggest dream for retirement is to settle in there and buy a house in Greece
    Yeah .. my heart is set on retiring on Rhodes ... Lindos for Summer and Rhodes Old Town for the rest ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Leave a comment:

• Albaugh33
    replied

Originally posted by Zincubus View Post
    Greece continued..
    More Greece.. We visited Peloponnese with my family when I was 7 and as I remember, it had the most gorgeous beaches and the clearest water I've ever seen. I've been there again 2 years ago, it was more developed of course but the beaches and the water was still the same, it was unbelievable. Since then my biggest dream for retirement is to settle in there and buy a house in Greece
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• George 1978
    replied

OK, I am a bit biased here, but if you ever visit Nottingham during the first weekend of October and see the annual Goose Fair during the evening, I guarantee that the lights from the fairground at a distance is also one of the most beautiful things that you can see! This year's fair will be starting this Wednesday, so you could probably see that for yourself!

Leave a comment:

• Zincubus
    replied

Greece continued..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Zincubus
    replied

Originally posted by Zincubus View Post
    There are more than three bars 25 years later .. LOL

Lindos is stunning during the day and comes alive in the evening ..

They even have a few English style pubs for people Ike me who love the pie , chips and peas kinda food and footie

Gotta love Greece ..

Leave a comment:

Working...
X