X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• branny
    replied
    Re: The most beautiful place you have visited

Port Douglas in Australia was a beautiful place. Very tropical feel to it. Capri is a gorgeous island. I love the Greek Islands that I've visited (Corfu, Rhodes, Crete and Kos) but my favourite place to visit is Cyprus. I've been to Paphos and Protaras and love both.

Leave a comment:

• Zincubus
    replied

Originally posted by Mulletino View Post
    I went to Rhodes with a mate back in about 92/3. We booked it on the Friday to leave the next day, one of those last minute deals with allocation on arrival, just like in The Inbetweeners Movie. Basically cost us 99 quid for flights and two weeks accommodation in Rhodes, that was all we knew about where we were going. We were two single lads hoping to stay in party town!

We arrived at the airport, all got on the bus, drove through Rhodes Town, we didn't called, drove through Faliraki, we didn't get called, eventually the bus drove all the way to Lindos and we got called, luckily our room was great as we had ceiling fans which really helped! It was a lovely place, not the party town we were hoping for though, there were three bars and there was only one taxi, the driver of which was a chef in one of the restaurants so you had to wait till he'd stopped cooking to get a cab anywhere! We had some good nights on those three bars (ventured to the party places once each but realised they were pretty overcrowded) and the place was very relaxing and the prople very friendly.
    There are more than three bars 25 years later .. LOL

The place is stunning during the day and comes alive in the evening ..

They even have a few English style pubs for people Ike me who love the pie , chips and peas kinda food and footie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Mulletino
    replied

Originally posted by Zincubus View Post
    We love Lindos in Rhodes and Rhodes town nearly as much ..

We went on a day trip to Rhodes Old Town and it seemed as though someone had picked up a little part of York or Chester and placed it on the coast of a Greek island ..
    I went to Rhodes with a mate back in about 92/3. We booked it on the Friday to leave the next day, one of those last minute deals with allocation on arrival, just like in The Inbetweeners Movie. Basically cost us 99 quid for flights and two weeks accommodation in Rhodes, that was all we knew about where we were going. We were two single lads hoping to stay in party town!

We arrived at the airport, all got on the bus, drove through Rhodes Town, we didn't called, drove through Faliraki, we didn't get called, eventually the bus drove all the way to Lindos and we got called, luckily our room was great as we had ceiling fans which really helped! It was a lovely place, not the party town we were hoping for though, there were three bars and there was only one taxi, the driver of which was a chef in one of the restaurants so you had to wait till he'd stopped cooking to get a cab anywhere! We had some good nights on those three bars (ventured to the party places once each but realised they were pretty overcrowded) and the place was very relaxing and the prople very friendly.

Leave a comment:

• tex
    replied

So i'm off to Ibiza for a week, will post pix on my return....See you all soon, Bye!

Leave a comment:

• zabadak
    replied

Originally posted by Donald the Great View Post
    Part of the Canary Islands. Looks ok.
    That is the Princess Yaiza hotel in the Playa Blanca resort at the southern tip of the island (we go to that resort but not that hotel as it's a bit more expensive, but worth it!).

Leave a comment:

• Donald the Great
    replied

Originally posted by George 1978 View Post
    Lovely pictures. The blueness of the ocean looks so mouthwatering. If only our rivers and canals looked as blue as that.
    Yes the water is that enticing color. Sadly parts of our famous Natural Wonder of the World are suffering from coral bleaching as a result of climate change. World marine scientists are not all that optimistic about the reef's survival.

Leave a comment:

• Donald the Great
    replied

Originally posted by zabadak View Post
    Lanzarote is pretty consistent!
    Part of the Canary Islands. Looks ok.

Leave a comment:

• Donald the Great
    replied

Originally posted by tex View Post
    great pix donald
    tex I reckon that pic is the only natural structure that can be seen from Space.

Leave a comment:

• zabadak
    replied

Originally posted by Zincubus View Post
    Soooo where is 'the' place that has the perfect climate and ecosystem all year round ??

Pretty sure its on the equator somewhere??

Lanzarote is pretty consistent!

Leave a comment:

• George 1978
    replied

Originally posted by Donald the Great View Post
    Is there a more spectacular ecosystem on our planet that this.

Lovely pictures. The blueness of the ocean looks so mouthwatering. If only our rivers and canals looked as blue as that.

Leave a comment:

• Richard1978
    replied

The lagoon at Olu Deniz in Turkey.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• tex
    replied

Originally posted by donald the great View Post
    is there a more spectacular ecosystem on our planet that this.

great pix donald

Leave a comment:

• Zincubus
    replied

Soooo where is 'the' place that has the perfect climate and ecosystem all year round ??

Pretty sure its on the equator somewhere??

Leave a comment:

• Donald the Great
    replied

Is there a more spectacular ecosystem on our planet that this.

Last edited by Donald the Great; 15-09-2018, 03:35.

Leave a comment:

• Donald the Great
    replied

In Oz we have the spectacularly idyllic Witsunday Island Reserve.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X