Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The most beautiful place you have visited

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Re: The most beautiful place you have visited

    In the UK it has to be Shaldon just a stone throw away from Teignmouth Devon.Its lovely there on a nice summers day

    Comment


    • #47
      Re: The most beautiful place you have visited

      I don't think it counts if a person lives in the same place of course - certainly doesn't count as far as I am concerned.
      Telling it almost exactly like it was so many years later - and proud of doing so!

      Comment


      • #48
        Re: The most beautiful place you have visited

        I've just spent 10 days in Australia visiting friends, it was beautiful! One of my friends renewed his wedding vows with his wife while we were there, such a beautiful country and I'm going back in the new year! ☺

        Comment


        • #49
          Re: The most beautiful place you have visited

          Originally posted by Nuggy14 View Post
          I've just spent 10 days in Australia visiting friends, it was beautiful! One of my friends renewed his wedding vows with his wife while we were there, such a beautiful country and I'm going back in the new year! ☺
          Lovely....my daughter and her new husband returned from Australia recently (honeymoon) they also said it was beautiful
          Ejector seat?...your jokin!

          Comment


          • #50
            Re: The most beautiful place you have visited

            Australia is nice at this time of year - where do you think all the sunshine and heatwaves go when it is dark and cold in Great Britain?
            Telling it almost exactly like it was so many years later - and proud of doing so!

            Comment


            • #51
              Re: The most beautiful place you have visited

              Originally posted by tex View Post
              Lovely....my daughter and her new husband returned from Australia recently (honeymoon) they also said it was beautiful
              I didn't want to come home.
              My friend and his wife live in Sydney, it was amazing to see it in real life rather than on the TV. I'm going back in the new year for a month. The flight is a nightmare as i don't like flying but it's well worth it! ☺

              Comment


              • #52
                Re: The most beautiful place you have visited

                Originally posted by George 1978 View Post
                Australia is nice at this time of year - where do you think all the sunshine and heatwaves go when it is dark and cold in Great Britain?
                I love this country too, especially the countryside, but my gosh if anyone gets the chance to visit Australia i would definitely recommend it!

                Comment


                • #53
                  Re: The most beautiful place you have visited

                  I've always thought the Greek islands would be amazing places to see first-hand, especially Santo Rini.

                  I've seen some amazing places, from Alaska in the north to southern California, and unique cities, Montreal, San Francisco, Toronto, Los Angeles, Reno, Juneau. For natural beauty I would say Jasper, Alberta in the springtime. If I had the ability (in more senses than one) I'd love to see Yorkshire, Scottish islands, Holland, Japan, and Aus as well (where it's not on fire).
                  My virtual jigsaws: https://www.jigsawplanet.com/beccabear67/Original-photo-puzzles

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Re: The most beautiful place you have visited

                    Ironically, my own sleep patterns at the moment have meant that I would have been awake at the same time as people in Australia would be!
                    Telling it almost exactly like it was so many years later - and proud of doing so!

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Re: The most beautiful place you have visited

                      Would have liked to have visited New Zealand even if I was able to afford to visit,too late now the long plane journey wouldn't like to endure that

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Re: The most beautiful place you have visited

                        If I was in Australia, I would have loved to have visited the buildings where Prisoner: Cell Block H was made to see if it looked like a real prison - I believe that is where Neighbours is filmed these days.
                        Telling it almost exactly like it was so many years later - and proud of doing so!

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Re: The most beautiful place you have visited

                          Originally posted by George 1978 View Post
                          If I was in Australia, I would have loved to have visited the buildings where Prisoner: Cell Block H was made to see if it looked like a real prison - I believe that is where Neighbours is filmed these days.
                          So they are both filmed at the same place?
                          I never knew that. My mum has boxsets of Prisoner Cell Block H, I've watched a few episodes and found it very good.

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Re: The most beautiful place you have visited

                            I'd probably want to see where Skippy The Bush Kangaroo once hopped.
                            My virtual jigsaws: https://www.jigsawplanet.com/beccabear67/Original-photo-puzzles

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Re: The most beautiful place you have visited

                              Originally posted by beccabear67 View Post
                              I'd probably want to see where Skippy The Bush Kangaroo once hopped.
                              Haha! ☺
                              Skippy is what i call my Aussie friend, and of course he calls me Pom!

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Re: The most beautiful place you have visited

                                Originally posted by Nuggy14 View Post
                                So they are both filmed at the same place?
                                I never knew that. My mum has boxsets of Prisoner Cell Block H, I've watched a few episodes and found it very good.
                                I believe so - Channel 10 Australia's studios. Anyone from Australia would like to put me right with this would be welcome!
                                Telling it almost exactly like it was so many years later - and proud of doing so!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X