• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• amethyst
    replied
    Re: The most beautiful place you have visited

Originally posted by victorbrunswick View Post
    Many of the miners who worked the silver mines in and around Tombstone were from Cornwall and one of the attractions in Tombstone is the world's largest rose tree which was planted in 1887 from a seedling brought from Scotland.
    Oh wow that's amazing

Leave a comment:

• victorbrunswick
    replied

Many of the miners who worked the silver mines in and around Tombstone were from Cornwall and one of the attractions in Tombstone is the world's largest rose tree which was planted in 1887 from a seedling brought from Scotland.

Leave a comment:

• amethyst
    replied

Originally posted by victorbrunswick View Post
    I wouldn't mind moving to Arizona, particularly to Benson or Tombstone.
    Just had a quick look on wiki I love the old cowboy towns low raised buildings so much to see in Arizona Tuscon in south where it is warm,Flagstaff up in mountains,Winslow oh want to go now lol

Leave a comment:

• victorbrunswick
    replied

I wouldn't mind moving to Arizona, particularly to Benson or Tombstone.

Leave a comment:

• amethyst
    replied

Would love to have visited Arizona before I die and stand on the corner in Winslow by Glen Freys statue

Leave a comment:

• George 1978
    replied

Originally posted by Nuggy14 View Post
    So they are both filmed at the same place?
    I never knew that. My mum has boxsets of Prisoner Cell Block H, I've watched a few episodes and found it very good.
    I believe so - Channel 10 Australia's studios. Anyone from Australia would like to put me right with this would be welcome!

Leave a comment:

• Danniella
    replied

Originally posted by beccabear67 View Post
    I'd probably want to see where Skippy The Bush Kangaroo once hopped.
    Haha! ☺
    Skippy is what i call my Aussie friend, and of course he calls me Pom!

Leave a comment:

• beccabear67
    replied

I'd probably want to see where Skippy The Bush Kangaroo once hopped.

Leave a comment:

• Danniella
    replied

Originally posted by George 1978 View Post
    If I was in Australia, I would have loved to have visited the buildings where Prisoner: Cell Block H was made to see if it looked like a real prison - I believe that is where Neighbours is filmed these days.
    So they are both filmed at the same place?
    I never knew that. My mum has boxsets of Prisoner Cell Block H, I've watched a few episodes and found it very good.

Leave a comment:

• George 1978
    replied

If I was in Australia, I would have loved to have visited the buildings where Prisoner: Cell Block H was made to see if it looked like a real prison - I believe that is where Neighbours is filmed these days.

Leave a comment:

• amethyst
    replied

Would have liked to have visited New Zealand even if I was able to afford to visit,too late now the long plane journey wouldn't like to endure that

Leave a comment:

• George 1978
    replied

Ironically, my own sleep patterns at the moment have meant that I would have been awake at the same time as people in Australia would be!

Leave a comment:

• beccabear67
    replied

I've always thought the Greek islands would be amazing places to see first-hand, especially Santo Rini.

I've seen some amazing places, from Alaska in the north to southern California, and unique cities, Montreal, San Francisco, Toronto, Los Angeles, Reno, Juneau. For natural beauty I would say Jasper, Alberta in the springtime. If I had the ability (in more senses than one) I'd love to see Yorkshire, Scottish islands, Holland, Japan, and Aus as well (where it's not on fire).

Leave a comment:

• Danniella
    replied

Originally posted by George 1978 View Post
    Australia is nice at this time of year - where do you think all the sunshine and heatwaves go when it is dark and cold in Great Britain?
    I love this country too, especially the countryside, but my gosh if anyone gets the chance to visit Australia i would definitely recommend it!

Leave a comment:

• Danniella
    replied

Originally posted by tex View Post
    Lovely....my daughter and her new husband returned from Australia recently (honeymoon) they also said it was beautiful
    I didn't want to come home.
    My friend and his wife live in Sydney, it was amazing to see it in real life rather than on the TV. I'm going back in the new year for a month. The flight is a nightmare as i don't like flying but it's well worth it! ☺

Leave a comment:

Working...
X