Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We're Not Supposed To - things you did at a certain age that you weren't meant to

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We're Not Supposed To - things you did at a certain age that you weren't meant to

Ah, the joys and sorrows of being a kid: either told you're too old to be allowed to do something, or too young to be allowed to do something. What's good for the gander is good for the geese.

What were some things you did as a kid that got you into trouble because they were not "age appropriate" for you?

Some of mine would be:

Putting a cup of water on the end of a spoon on the dinner-table during school dinners, and banging the other end of the spoon so that the cup would be sent flying half way across the dining hall and land in somebody else's dinner. I first heard about the trick when I was 7 years old and then did it when I was 11. I was told off for not 'acting my age'. Same thing when I was in Year 11 at school and I got caught teasing my classmates by squirting them with plastic water bottles during science class.

I saw my first "Playboy" magazine at the age of 9 when holidaying in Australia. Never understood why the grown-ups complained about it. To me, a naked body is just a naked body and it is not always a sexual thing except in the right circumstances.

Drawing attention to myself in class when I was 15 by tapping my feet, whistling, belching, and impersonating the teachers when in Year 11. I was told to grow up.

Going to the local pub. When I was a kid, my parents used to take me out to the local social club and pub - we always had orange juice or soft drinks whilst they had beer and wine. Plus we also were allowed to play the poker machine at the time as long as we were supervised by an adult. Over here in Australia, the laws pertaining to children being present in pubs and clubs are a lot stricter. They are only allowed in the dining areas with their parents present at all times.
    Penny Arcade machines are also no longer allowed to be played by kids here like they are in the seaside towns in the UK. They only have video game machines and that's it.

Listening to the "Hair" soundtrack album between the ages of 7 - 11. It was the London Cast one that my dad had and my nan thought it was horrendous and even anathema that I was allowed to listen to it when I didn't even understand what it was about. By today's standards, I think it's quite harmless and innocent compared to what modern kids are able to get their hands on. Like Justin Bieber and One Direction for instance.

I was virtually considered conference material when I was a kid to my teens, though I did eventually mellow out in my mid 20's. ;-)
Working...
X