X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Richard1978
    replied
    Originally posted by retromasj View Post
    Bit late to this thread. Lynx spice was the one of the 4 I liked and used. Was really gutted when it was discontinued. Although not one of the early ones I also liked Java, which was popular in the 90s. They re-released it last year and I stocked up on the shower gel and deo spray. I also liked the original Insignia and got the set with the talc and shower gel a few times for Xmas when I was a kid in the 80s. Again gutted when this was discontinued. I managed to get a vintage bottle of the original Insignia aftershave off Ebay about 10 years ago.
    I remember Insignia used the slogan "Create a buzz not a him". I think it was they who had an advert set in the future where the main character's Gran was the same age as him!

Leave a comment:

• retromasj
    replied
    Bit late to this thread. Lynx spice was the one of the 4 I liked and used. Was really gutted when it was discontinued. Although not one of the early ones I also liked Java, which was popular in the 90s. They re-released it last year and I stocked up on the shower gel and deo spray. I also liked the original Insignia and got the set with the talc and shower gel a few times for Xmas when I was a kid in the 80s. Again gutted when this was discontinued. I managed to get a vintage bottle of the original Insignia aftershave off Ebay about 10 years ago.

Leave a comment:

• kpcassell419
    replied
    Re: Lynx Amber & Oriental

I found a half empty can of Oriental this week inside an unused locker in a BT telephone exchange....the smell really brings back the childhood memories! Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190404_223358.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	82.3 KB
ID:	262770

Leave a comment:

• darren
    replied

So amber and oriental dont exist anymore then.
    Thats a pity.
    Lynx has always been my fave type of spray.

I remember the original ad for lynx sprays very well.

Just love the designs on the tins for each new fragrance.
    Last edited by darren; 16-05-2015, 16:26.

Leave a comment:

• spuggybridge
    replied

Originally posted by stuckinthe80's View Post
    I wish I could find something that smells like what Lynx Oriental smelled of now. I really liked it! Or they should bring back Lynx Oriental and Amber!!
    I'm surprised they have never brought all four back as a "Lynx classic" theme, would probably sell well an all.

Leave a comment:

• amethyst
    replied

The female lynx deodrant did not agree with me,got a rash after using it

Leave a comment:

• darren
    replied

WAS JUST LOOKING ONLINE ABOUT LYNX SPRAYS DEODORANTS AND NOTICED ONE SPECIFICALLY FOR WOMEN.
    WAS JUST WONDERING HOW MANY CAN U REMEMBER HOW MANY DIFFERENT ONES DID U TRY.
    I USED MUSK AMBER ORIENTAL AFRICA THEY MUST HAVE BEEN THE FIRST TO COME OUT.

AND CAN U STILL GET THEM.

HERES A FEW OTHERS.

Leave a comment:

• memoman
    replied

Remember Brut33 often advertised by henry cooper?I think it is still around?This advert features henry cooper and the late barry sheene.I remember meeting barry sheene many years ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5tLfiu7an4

Leave a comment:

• Chameleon Factor
    replied

There was a Lynx one called something like 'Electric' that smelled great. I was really disappointed when they dropped it.

Leave a comment:

• stuckinthe80's
    replied

WOW! Wonder if it smells the same!

Leave a comment:

• Heather74
    replied

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
    I remember my brother getting a Slazenger set for Xmas 1987, getting a whiff of it sends me right back to that time period.

Whatever happened to Insignia?
    Just had a leaflet posted through my door for Netto, Insignia is on sale for just £2 http://viewer.zmags.com/publication/...3d#/e9add83d/4

Leave a comment:

• darren
    replied

im sure they can still be found mate.
    just a matter of searching hard enough.

Leave a comment:

• stuckinthe80's
    replied

I wish I could find something that smells like what Lynx Oriental smelled of now. I really liked it! Or they should bring back Lynx Oriental and Amber!!

Leave a comment:

• darren
    replied

Originally posted by Trickyvee View Post
    "Insignia's got everything shampoo and shower gel, deodorant and aftershave for one all over smell". That's the ad I remember.

I love getting smellies as presents. I've had friends whinge when they get them saying they are really unoriginal. Sheesh they aught to be thankful they are getting anything at all, and I don't see what's wrong with them.
    in some ways its one of the better things you can get.
    nothing wrong with them at all mate.

deodorants aftershave is not exactly cheap.
    so a few bottles and tins of each could reach near 20 quid.
    depending on which you get.

think how those friends you had would feel if they got nothing.

Leave a comment:

• Trickyvee
    replied

"Insignia's got everything shampoo and shower gel, deodorant and aftershave for one all over smell". That's the ad I remember.

I love getting smellies as presents. I've had friends whinge when they get them saying they are really unoriginal. Sheesh they aught to be thankful they are getting anything at all, and I don't see what's wrong with them.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X